Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686579
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chinese PLA  (Read 1087 times)

Offline clyde85

• Assistant
Chinese PLA
« on: June 29, 2018, 12:20:38 AM »
Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of someone who makes miniatures for the Chinese PLA from the 1960's-1980's(ish)?

I'm trying to find figures in the iconic Maoist green uniform with the cap with a red star on it. The closest I've come is buying figures from the Dust '47 game and using the heads to do conversions, was wondering if there was an easier way.

Thanks in advance

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Chinese PLA
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 07:37:01 AM »
Great minds think alike. I tried to to get Kosta at Eureka interested in doing some Chinese in Mao suits and in classic propaganda poster poses a few years back. Maybe if there was a concerted push?

Failing that.... Have a look at Commando Miniatures Arab irregulars. They look like they are wearing longish jackets and trousers and with a bit of greenstuff they might be made useable. I converted a bunch of Eureka ZANLA into Khmer Rouge in this fashion. There are also some figures in the TAG and Parkfield ranges that might prove the basis for conversions.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »
Its kind of disappointing how the lots of the Coldwar Asian countries are under Represented in the Miniature venues.
But What Carlos suggests does seem like a decent idea.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline clyde85

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »
Great minds think alike. I tried to to get Kosta at Eureka interested in doing some Chinese in Mao suits and in classic propaganda poster poses a few years back. Maybe if there was a concerted push?

I like where your heads at with this   :D

But I was hoping for something I could use for war-gaming   lol

I was thinking of using the North Vietnamese figures from Baker Company and doing head swaps and other slight  modifications. Those are about as close as I can get to Chinese PLA, if nothing else the weapons and equipment is correct for Chinese of that era (as China is where the NVA got most of that gear in the first place!)   lol