Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:19:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Seen on the Maiwand Day blog...  (Read 1082 times)

Online sjwalker51

• Scientist
Seen on the Maiwand Day blog...
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:51:17 AM »
And I think the author of that is a regular here...

Can anyone identify these native huts - are they available to buy anywhere? Just what I need for Indian villages in 1857!

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
Re: Seen on the Maiwand Day blog...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »
Hi SJW,

I just dropped him a note. Hopefully he'll be by shortly.  :)

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
Hi SJWalker,

Glad you like that building!

Daryl reached out and told me someone had a question on LAF, so THANK YOU Daryl!

SJ: that is a one-off piece made for me by Chris The Model Maker, of Ontario, Canada.

It's one of several similar buildings he made for my CAMERONE DAY project, for the Indian dwellings that sprouted up after the Mexican town of Camerone was abandoned after its strategic location on the road from Vera Cruz on the coast to Puebla in the interior, turned it into a war-zone.

Here's a LINK to a few pics showing the other buildings (there are 5 altogether):

http://cameroneday.blogspot.com/2013/04/decrepit-dam-abandoned-mexican-village.html

I believe they were made from plywood, then lined with twigs to create the look.

Unfortunately, Chris doesn't take commissions anymore, but he does put stuff up on ebay on a semi-regular basis.  The models can range from primitive dwellings like these, to Mid-East/Afghan buildings, to Medieval or Fantasy townhalls or smaller castles, to WWI or WWII damaged buildings, etc.  A wide variety of stuff.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:59:01 AM by Mad Guru »
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Online sjwalker51

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
MG, I knew you were going to tell me that - the hunt for something similar goes on! Thanks for providing me with so many great ideas and inspiration for my 28mm colonial gaming over the last few years.

Simon