Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:20:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689759
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 687
Total: 693

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Wizard's Tower expansion set.  (Read 3096 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
(KICKSTARTER) Wizard's Tower expansion set.
« on: July 01, 2018, 01:26:17 AM »
2nd project up and running

INFO FROM FIRST PROJECT

Some time within the next month or so I'll be looking at getting a kickstarter up and running for some STL files for a modular tower system I've been working on. I'm still working on the project page at the moment. A 3d printer or printing service is required to use this product
I'm looking at about NZD $10 for the set, includisve of stretch goals etc which works out around £5, €6, or USD$6.50
It will come with 7 pieces to begin with with more things to come. Pieces have been made so that they stack easily.
Scaled for 28mm miniatures (but obviously you can change them yourselves. At this size they would be about 5cm high internally with a
I have set a lofty target of $10 (so basically if 1 person pledges for it they will receive it).
If anyone can share it elsewhere when it goes live I'd really appreciate it.

Click the pic for a link.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:46:03 PM by beefcake »

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Wizard's Tower STL files - NOT LIVE
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 06:45:25 AM »
This looks great! I'll definitely pledge!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 07:43:07 AM »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 02:04:18 AM »
The Wizard's Tower is almost ready to begin. It has approval. I'm just waiting on some title art so it looks better than the previous picture.
Here is a collage of some of the latest prints at 100% scale. Nice and roomy. 200 micron prints.
collage by Kieran Me, on Flickr

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Wizard's Tower STL files LIVE
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:24:41 PM »
    The kickstarter is now live!
    Here is the link to the kickstarter page and a quick blurb.

The Wizard's Tower contains stackable tower sections to create your own unique Wizard's Tower.

Files have been scaled for 28mm miniatures but, as with all 3d printable files, you have the ability to scale them up or down to suit your gaming needs.

The initial reward consists of 7 different modular tower pieces and a ladder. All of which have been created on Blender, run through a repair tool, to check for any non-manifold parts and other errors, and printed.

• Tower roof
  • Single window tower section
  • Tower section with door
  • Tower bridge (2 bridge sections link together)
  • Double window tower section
  • Windowless tower section
  • Tower base
  • and a ladder
[/li]
[/list]

The tower pieces can be oriented in almost any direction to provide a different look each time you game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-3d-printable-modular-tower-syste
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:27:28 PM by beefcake »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Well it is now funded. Only a small goal of NZD$100 but hey, it's great to see it happen!
Thanks to those that helped out make this happen. :)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
First stretch goal nearly reached and the first of 4 freebies has been unveiled. 4 small urns to stack the tower full of beer. Feeling thirsty now.

Here is the update

Here are some pictures.
urns2 by
urns3 by

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
First stretch goal unlocked.
Free ruined tower top file for every backer.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-3d-printable-modular-tower-syste/posts/2244905
around 5 pounds for the pledge.
Great deal.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Wizard's Tower STL files - first stretch goal reached
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »
Second Stretch goal achieved. The Arcane Summit is now added to the Wizard's Tower pledge.

Only a few days left. If we can make the final stretch goal then we will get up to 17 files out to backers for around £5 or $6.75 (Which is $10 NZD)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-3d-printable-modular-tower-syste/description

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Wizard's Tower STL files - Second stretch goal reached
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
I'm almost ready for an expansion set with this. Bringing in a bridge for the tower that makes it go from good to amazing. I really think it sets the whole thing off as you can make it an amazing feature in your game. It would work really well with Frostgrave as it has ruined sections as well. It can also be used on its own as a bridge by itself so the whole Tower is not necessary.
I'll post a link when it is ready but here is a link to the preview page on the previous Kickstarter project.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 07:57:02 AM »
Starting this in about 12 hours.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
That's pretty cool!

I did not notice the first KS, so is the initial set available outside Kickstarter, or perhaps as add-on for the next (or did you already share that info, ans I'm just being a tool)??

My CR10S is behaving nicely, so I think a Wizard's Tower for one of the SS&SS scenarios should be a nice little project!
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »
This is great for them there folks that have printers.
The initial KS (which I missed completely....) has some great components and I am sure that the next one will have too.
Good luck, mate!
 :D

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
This is great for them there folks that have printers.
The initial KS (which I missed completely....) has some great components and I am sure that the next one will have too.
Good luck, mate!
 :D
Thanks. Yes more components.

That's pretty cool!

I did not notice the first KS, so is the initial set available outside Kickstarter, or perhaps as add-on for the next (or did you already share that info, ans I'm just being a tool)??

My CR10S is behaving nicely, so I think a Wizard's Tower for one of the SS&SS scenarios should be a nice little project!

You can purchase it on DrivethruRPG or get the big pledge on the kickstarter for a reduced price :)
Oh and its live
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-expansion-sets-printable-stl-fil?ref=project_build

SS&SS is the acual reason I started creating this in the first place. I couldn't find a tower I liked so I thought I'd print a section off and cast it, but then thought that was a silly idea as I'd only ever cast enough for 1 tower so instead I made a range of them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:32:53 PM by beefcake »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Wizard's Tower expansion set.
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 12:46:56 AM »
Too good to pass on - I'm in!  8)