Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:56:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Battle of Honiton Bridge - Augustus to Aurelian  (Read 1026 times)

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Battle of Honiton Bridge - Augustus to Aurelian
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »
We played a fictitious scenario battle of Romano British vs Saxons using Augustus to Aurelian.

Although the rules are designed to cover the Roman Principate specifically we are interested in developing them for a wider time frame with suitable tweaks that prove necessary.

If you would like to know more then just follow the link to JJ's

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2018/07/battle-of-honiton-bridge-5th-century.html

Jonathan (JJ)
Often it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all possible doubt.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: Battle of Honiton Bridge - Augustus to Aurelian
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 06:37:14 PM »
Very impressive looking battle!

The objective system is very interesting.... a while back I was asking for ideas / inspiration for scenarios and such to spice up medieval battles, and had mentioned I was impressed with the Two Fat Lardies approach after seeing a game of Chain of Command on youtube. Someone (perhaps it was you?) said similar things could adapt well for medieval large-scale battles, and I can see here how that would work.... I've added the idea to my 'scenarios' notebook!

Offline yumyum

• Student
Re: Battle of Honiton Bridge - Augustus to Aurelian
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 07:44:22 AM »
Great read and i am so glad that you enjoyed the day Jon,

I think you are right about Augustus to Aurelian, and it is such a shame that more people are not using them. What is more telling is that there was a lot of units on the table and 6 players taking part. The game ran smoothly with no major breaks with game play ( a part from the lunch break )

Nick