Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692108
  • Total Topics: 118442
  • Online Today: 655
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heth's Confederate Division in 10mm  (Read 3077 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Heth's Confederate Division in 10mm
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 06:11:51 AM »
Chariot were ace (if a little fragile)!  Ironically, I got rid of my small quantity of (unpainted) Chariot 10mm models about a year before I decided to do 10mm ACW - I once had a whim to do 1850s Italian Wars and got a few Chariot Franco-Prussian and ACW figures to give it a go, but it soon passed...

Chariot were nice but fragile, indeed. These ACW armies, for about seven years were the most played armies I had and the bases were manipulated by many hands.
As a result, many flag bearers are now holding a stump and their flags are concentrated in a relics matchbox, I never found the courage to remake them  :(
Funny it is that I also had bought then some numbers of Chariot French and Prussian to start a Franco-Prussian project which failed to materialize...
Some Prussian lancers became one Union cavalry regiment and several French infantry were painted as Union Zouaves, at this scale their uniform was almost identical.
The rest were sold to a friend who still keeps them in his shelves  :)

I'll stay tuned to enjoy your beautiful armies! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Online Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
Re: Heth's Confederate Division in 10mm
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 08:30:10 PM »
Yes, I painted one small unit (16 figures) each of French and Prussians and around 50% of the rifles broke without them ever being used in a game... A shame, because they were lovely figures.

With the Pendraken chaps I've used brass wire for flagpoles where I thought the flagpole was a bit weak, or was a bit short for the printed flag, or had the butt-end resting on the ground when I wanted it being carried.  I also replaced a lot of cavalry carbines with brass wire flagpoles for HQ standard-bearers.
Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk