Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:10:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: I'm not a robot  (Read 2263 times)

Andrew_McGuire

I'm not a robot
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
But I can't convince Dishdash Games of this - either that, or their contact form is faulty. I'm trying to find out why Skirmish Ragers isn't in their store. From the blog I found out about a Kickstarter including rules and miniatures, but that was due for delivery in January of last year. Some copies of a hardback rule book are available on Bay at high prices, and with higher postage, as they're all in the US or Europe.

Does anyone know what's going on?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:45:16 PM by Andrew_McGuire »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: I'm not a robot
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 02:46:15 AM »
I'm not a robot...

is EXACTLY what a robot infiltrator would say.

so the site won't even give you contact info/let you email them? WTH?

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »
You are quite correct, and I have no answer to the conundrum. I do, however, now have the answer as to the availablility of the rules:

https://www.studiominiatures.com/component/j2store/products/skirmish-ragers-234.html?Itemid=346

This was supplied by a forum member at skirmishsangin.freeforums.net, which I joined yesterday, and Colin, the author of the rules and forum administrator, has also replied, saying the site has had some technical problems which he hopes to resolve shortly. At all events, I am now a verified and authenticated non-android, at least as far as the southern hemisphere is concerned, whatever anyone here may choose to believe.

On a general note. I have to say I'm a bit surprised to see little apparent interest in Skirmish Ragers here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:47:39 PM by Andrew_McGuire »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
On a general note. I have to say I'm a bit surprised to see little apparent interest in Skirmish Ragers here.
That is because the rest of us are robots ^__^.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
Somebody needs reprogramming.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 01:39:33 AM »
I have the rules and like them. However I am not in a good place to round up new players. I like the Skirmish: Ragers a lot.
I should be painting right now.

Offline Grendel

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 06:29:25 AM »
i have the rules (though my copy says Skirmish Outbreak, so not sure if its a different edition or just a rename), but with 5 sets of zombie rules right now its hard to choose. they hooked my in by playing it at our local convention a few years back :)

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »
I have my copy now, bought from Studio Miniatures, and have just begun delving into it. (It is the same as Skirmish Outbreak - the change of name was for legal reasons, as apparently that name was already in use). Strangely, the Skirmish Outbreak forum has seen very little activity of late - they still use the old name there - where no-one has responded to my latest post, now a week old. I'm hoping to discover whether the range of survivor figures they launched through Kickstarter two years ago is available for purchase.

Offline Grendel

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 02:34:08 AM »
yeah hopefully they do have a way to buy the models, some of them are very nice.

Good to see its still the same rule set.

Alan

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 04:07:08 PM »
I think I'll have to create another thread about the figures on the Skirmish Outbreak forum, though I'll wait a bit as the owner seems to be absent at the moment, judging by the general lack of activity. The only figures available in their store are for Skirmish Sangin, which suggests either that the Kickstarter has not been delivered, or that they were KS exclusives. Odd to see no discussion of the subject in earlier threads, though.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:54:21 PM by Andrew_McGuire »