Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 09:22:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: A 1:72 project  (Read 350 times)

Offline randycarter

• scientist
A 1:72 project
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »
Hi everyone,
it's really a lot of time since I've posted something I did here on LAF. After a lot of lurking I took courage and I finally decided to share some image of the beginning of a 1:72 WWII project: nothing fancy, generic eastern front, and a lot of experiments on painting. Well, so far, my first russian rifle squad in 20 mm!
The idea is to base them for Crossfire rules, keeping them usable for other skirmish rules. A lot of work still to do on flesh...
Hope you like it!

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:40:13 PM by randycarter »

Offline Tim

• librarian
Re: A 1:72 project
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 05:20:36 AM »
I like them very much, but I think you need brighter lighting for your photos. :)

I dont recognize the figures; what company(ies)?

Crossfire is a great game, have you played it yet?  Ive been playing in 1/72 for a long time.   I personally just use two figures for rifle and SNG squads, partly out of laziness and partly because I find the stands too crowded with three figures.  The latter is just me; Ive seen great looking theee figure stands in this scale.  I also make my stands a little larger, 1.5 by 1.5 to give a little more room on the base.  That works ok for me as I normally supplybthr figures for our CF games. 

Id love to see your figures in your bad game mode when you get around to it.

All the best and great work from what I can see.  :)
--
Tim

Offline randycarter

• scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 08:33:37 AM »
Hi Tim,
thank you, very kind. I'm a bit of a newbie in making photos: next step improve lighting!  lol

Figures are a mix of Zvezda and ESCI/Italeri: both good ranges IMO, and they blend quite nicely together.

I'v never played Crossfire yet: the goal is to have two basic companies painted and finally play one game, but it will take some time, I'm afraid  ::) I find the system very interesting!

I've made some larger magnetised bases to make room for 3 figures: all in all Flames of War dimensions, 2 x 1.25 (50 mm x 32 mm), and I think they fit quite well: I've made a shot of the based platoon, but inexplicably my tabled refused to upload them correctly. Again, I'm a bit of a newbie!

Offline DonFabrizio

• assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 09:31:37 AM »
lovely painting and terrain!

Offline Golgotha

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mad scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
Good to see 1/72 minis especially Esci Russians.

Offline randycarter

• scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 11:43:06 AM »
Thank you both! Photos are very poor, I hope to improve my skills a bit for next shots.

@ Gogotha: yes, the ESCI russian kit contains some really gorgeous models: very dinamic poses, some rifle guy in partcular.