Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:53:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A 1:72 project  (Read 4674 times)

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Re: A 1:72 project
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 04:16:09 PM »
I really like how you've painted them up and I personally like the bases too. An interesting little project as it's my favourite scale of miniatures. Well done!!!

Thank you, I'm glad that you like them! Photos are a bit blurry and maybe they conceal some imperfection of the bases, but all in all by now they are OK.
In the future (don't know how far) there will be some upgrade: MMGs, mortar and platoon command are in queue, and some German opponent too.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 06:39:21 AM »
Nice project you have going here. I wonder, did the miniatures come with the round bases from the start? I am looking for suitable round bases, as I will base my figures individually.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 08:02:38 AM »
Nice project you have going here. I wonder, did the miniatures come with the round bases from the start? I am looking for suitable round bases, as I will base my figures individually.

Hi Galland, thank you!
No, the miniatures are "regular" 20 mm in soft plastic, glued on 1 cent euro coins (they are 16 mm diameter, quite good for 1/72 figures IMO).
Otherwise you can produce them by yourself with a compass cutter or something similar: a bit more of work, but it depends on how much figures you have to base.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 08:22:41 AM »
No, the miniatures are "regular" 20 mm in soft plastic, glued on 1 cent euro coins (they are 16 mm diameter, quite good for 1/72 figures IMO).
Otherwise you can produce them by yourself with a compass cutter or something similar: a bit more of work, but it depends on how much figures you have to base.
When I ran out of "one shilling" size five pence pieces, I used a piece of conduit pipe sharpened with a file as a biscuit cutter stamp for bases. You might be able to find a suitable sized piece of steel pipe and do the same.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 09:24:33 AM »
Hi all,
just a rapid shot of what's on the workbench before start painting: support weapons (three maxim and a mortar) and three snipers. In the end I finished to ignore the "Esci Maxim Issue" for speed sake. All in all I understood that historical adherence is not a major focus in my hobbyshaun  ::)

Thank you for reading

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 02:46:56 PM »
I finally put some paint on these guys. I begin to be happy about the result, even the paint job on bases is a bit close to the target.
Next steps are the official stand and a couple of forward observer.

Thank you all