Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:08:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689604
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 501
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Saylian Trollblood, The Red Book of the Elf King  (Read 1595 times)

Offline richstrach

• Librarian
Saylian Trollblood, The Red Book of the Elf King
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:32:37 AM »
This is one of the elf Thanes for Lucid Eye's new game, The Red Book of the Elf King (written by Rick Priestley). I really enjoyed painting this model, and I've got a few of the elf companions on order as well, so I can work towards a full warband. The game looks really interesting too, hopefully I can get a game of it in the next couple of months.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Re: Saylian Trollblood, The Red Book of the Elf King
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »
Really like the model and your painting but I don’t know if it’s the camera angle but the hand by his face loooks really big ? Like he’s about to pimp slap someone???

Offline richstrach

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:28:20 AM »
Partly the angle, but the hand is rather big! I'm choosing to interpret it as being imbued with magical energy, prior to smacking someone in the chops with it ...

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
Partly the angle, but the hand is rather big! I'm choosing to interpret it as being imbued with magical energy, prior to smacking someone in the chops with it ...
lol

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 11:18:11 AM »
Very very cool! Great work!

The gemstones are really shiny - did you add a few white dots to simulate the reflection, or are they just so shiny that what I see *is* the reflection?

Also, the face is really expressive, partly due to the model, but partly due to your paintjob. A question about the eyes, though: they seem kind of blank and staring, without pupils. Is that an intentional effect, to make him more otherworldly?

I've never heard the expression "pimp slap". Is that the PC version of "bitch slap"? <g>

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »

The gemstones are really shiny - did you add a few white dots to simulate the reflection, or are they just so shiny that what I see *is* the reflection?

Also, the face is really expressive, partly due to the model, but partly due to your paintjob. A question about the eyes, though: they seem kind of blank and staring, without pupils. Is that an intentional effect, to make him more otherworldly?

I've never heard the expression "pimp slap". Is that the PC version of "bitch slap"? <g>
Bitch slap is palm of hand ,pimp is back of hand .

Offline richstrach

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 01:59:07 PM »

Thanks! Yes, a little dot of white to the gemstones, but I also used some gloss varnish on them to make them shinier

Offline richstrach

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 02:14:24 PM »
Forgot to add, in the game setting the elves are incredibly powerful and arcane, so I left the eyes white with a blue glaze to make him look a bit more otherworldly

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 05:06:39 PM »
Very nice brushwork there. The eyes work.

And I really must get that figure at some point.