Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:17:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chosen Man - Points Value  (Read 630 times)

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Chosen Man - Points Value
« on: July 07, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »
So, we realy like Chosen Man, because it has what we like on Warhammer Fantasy Battles, without hordes and rubbish rules, but has interesting Command and Control options and great simplicity. And also its for about up to 30 models

BUT

The Lists. I am OK with that what mr Latham wrotes that this is not game about the Guard, but there are a lot of units missing, moreover if we want to play wars of the sixth coalition (most like Leipzig as we are Bohemians), however we have big issue how the points are calculated and therefore recreation of some units (Russian and French Mounted Dragoons, etc.)

I have tried to go through all units and found the point buy system, but I am lost, and I dont know where to start. I am may be looking on that like on Lion Rampant - that units have same base stats and we shall work around tham, but I am obviously wrong, as units has same point value, but absolutely different stats.

For example Guerrilas cost 4 points, has two stats higher then militia, have bonus in Light Infantry stat and Pistol, only drawback is Guerrila, however cost same points like absolutely minor militia.

Even in one nation (I though that it can be due to national rules the point system is different)
For example British Royal Marines cost one point more than Line Infantry but have two stats +1 and additional sword (with melee bonus).

And even some stats cost something for one unit and different value for another unit
Drilled - Swiss Mercenaries 2 points, Brittish Elite units 3 points

Any thoughts about it?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:49:48 PM by Dalcor »

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Chosen Man - Points Value
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:45:15 PM »
Play without points.
Compose a force of what you think would fit!
, ,

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Re: Chosen Man - Points Value
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
Yeah thats obvious choice or use stats already in for any other simillar units...