Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689617
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Moved to Budapest - Seeking models and contacts  (Read 1050 times)

Offline punga

• Assistant
Moved to Budapest - Seeking models and contacts
« on: July 07, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
Hello, forum,

I've recently arrived to Budapest for a three-month stay. So far, the city is beautiful and there's a lot to see, and I'm looking forward to my stay.

Given the length of my stay, I was planning to bring a minimal set of miniature painting equipment and paint a figure or two during the evenings after work, but I forgot to bring it with me! I am therefore pinging the community, in particular any who live in Budapest. Not just to get pointers on where to buy some basic equipment, but also to meet, share a beer, hang out, etc.

Cheers,

Eduardo

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
Re: Moved to Budapest - Seeking models and contacts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 04:01:44 PM »
Ahoy!

I do not live in Budapest, so I can't help much with the share a beer part, but there is two places where you can go to play and hang out.
One is the HammerTime Cafe, which as the name implies, operates a small cafe beside the hobby shop.
The other one is the Gép-Ház, which also has a playing area. There are some other shops, but I'm even less familiar with them.

Also you can ask around here: Inkvizítor forum
This is the biggest Hungarian forum for wargames (don't let the small comment numbers fool you, the forum moved servers last month). I don't think it will be a problem if you start a topic there in english.

Alternatively there are Facebook groups for WM/H, WH40K, WH:AOS, Infinity and Malifaux players. And probably for other games as well.

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:02:18 PM »
i suggest you to trow away miniatures and other kind of nerd's passtimes and look only for:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMAZM5N0AoU

Offline punga

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 06:23:21 AM »
Ahoy!

I do not live in Budapest, so I can't help much with the share a beer part, but there is two places where you can go to play and hang out.
One is the HammerTime Cafe, which as the name implies, operates a small cafe beside the hobby shop.
The other one is the Gép-Ház, which also has a playing area. There are some other shops, but I'm even less familiar with them.

Also you can ask around here: Inkvizítor forum
This is the biggest Hungarian forum for wargames (don't let the small comment numbers fool you, the forum moved servers last month). I don't think it will be a problem if you start a topic there in english.

Alternatively there are Facebook groups for WM/H, WH40K, WH:AOS, Infinity and Malifaux players. And probably for other games as well.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of Gép-Ház. It's relatively close to where I am and seems to carry all I need.

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 03:05:03 PM »
I'm glad I could help :)