Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:56:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690468
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone repainted the mage knight figure "fear Priest"?  (Read 919 times)

Offline djbii

• Librarian
  • The Goblin King
    • HotT 'n' Stuff
Anyone repainted the mage knight figure "fear Priest"?
« on: July 08, 2018, 02:29:53 AM »
Howdy,

I am looking for ideas on colours for this figure.

Anyone repainted it or have any ideas?

I don't necessarily want him to look evil or anything - but he does kinda lend himself to it ;-)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:37:16 AM by djbii »
A life spent making mistakes is not only honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” –  George Bernard Shaw

https://hottnstuff.blogspot.com/ (was http://hitlh.blogspot.com.au/)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Anyone repainted the mage knight figure "fear Priest"?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 02:04:47 PM »
What an odd model.  Is the sculpt supposed to be a literal hunchback?  And what's the head of the staff supposed to be?  No good images of it online, and what few there are are all from roughly this angle.  What's his back look like?

Anyway, without more info I'd go with dark brown, black or gray robes and clothing, echoing a medieval monk. Pale skin, and maybe have the staff glowing and play with some lighting effects?  And fix those terrible popeyes, of course.

He'd team up well with the Dreamblade Infernal Preacher I repainted recently.  Not my best work, but adequate for a Dreamblade model.

Offline djbii

• Librarian
  • The Goblin King
    • HotT 'n' Stuff
Re: Anyone repainted the mage knight figure "fear Priest"?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 08:43:19 AM »
Thanks for looking. It is supposed to be a hunchback with the seemingly obligatory modesty loincloth hanging down the front and back, probably to fill in the void between his wide spaced legs. The loincloth is painted black. Unless he's trying to look sultry with a split gown effect?(yergh)

The thing on the staff is a clear, red plastic winged demon or gargoyle but it's left hand just ends in a stump it seems. I like the clear colour so I'll leave it but I might paint up the pedestal and your idea of some lighting effects on the staff might be the go - depending on my skills.

I have a number of D&D monkish/cleric types already that are grey/black/brown so I was hoping for something a little different. Then again, grey or brown might suit him.

And yes, the popeyes are terrible  :o

BTW your dreamblade repaint is much better than the original :-)