Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Red Book of the Elf King project  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Re: Red Book of the Elf King project
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 09:29:50 AM »
Doug and I had another great game of Red Book of the Elf King last night. In preparation for our participation game at The Other Partizan we tried out a 4 Faction game which worked very well. Photos to follow shortly, in the mean time we are going to be at Claymore on Saturday 4th August. As we are the official Lucid Eye show stockist we will have the complete range of Red Book of the Elf King, Savage Core, Plot Device etc with us together with custom terrain demo table. If you are at the show, do come and say hello.

http://sally4th.co.uk/Lucid-Eye
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »
I’m enjoying reading your battle reports - thanks for posting! I agree that the system is quick to learn, but there is more to it than meets the eye.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 12:22:06 PM »
Hi James, glad you like it. I agree completely. The rules are very quick and easy to pick up, learn and explain but have a lot of depth to them. The interactions of activation's,  powers and magic use are very subtle, and some of the best magic is not necessarily the type that goes bang!

Last Saturday we ran a participation game at Claymore Wargames show in Edinburgh.

The scenario we played involved four thanes. None of the players had played before (or heard of Red Book of the Elf King / Lucid Eye) before we started. Within 20 minutes every one had a good grasp of the basic rule mechanisms.

The battle was won by Salian Trollblood, who was the last thane standing. Everyone had a great time and the game ran fast and smooth and was really good fun.

If you'd like some more details, I've added a report with loads more photos to my hobby blog @ http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Red-Book-of-the-Elf-King-at-Claymore-2018

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 10:04:54 AM »
The battlefield has changed from the mountains to the farmland but the action was just as exciting as ever.

On Monday evening Doug and I had another game of Red Book of the Elf King.

All of our games up until then had been up by the cliffs and waterfall in the high mountain passes.

Full report with lots more photos @ http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Clash-at-Old-Keep-Farm

Sally 4th will be at 'The Other Partizan' on Sunday (19th August), among everything else we will have the complete range of everything for 'Red Book of the Elf King' together with everything else that Lucid Eye makes. We will be running participation games through out the day, so if you are at the show, please drop by and roll some dice, or at least say hello!

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 12:29:55 PM »
Here at Sally 4th, we are just getting packed up ready to head off to 'The Other Partizan' at the weekend with our Red Book of the Elf King Participation game and all of our Lucid Eye, Sally 4th, Pulp Alley, Otherworld Miniatures, Sloppy Jalopy, Statuesque Miniatures and all the other stuff we take with us. At our last game (on Monday), Doug suggested it would be great to have a free gift for folks who came along and joined in, so I've designed a handy little range ruler that has the measurements you use in Red Book of the Elf King. We are not going to sell it, but we will give one away for free to everyone who joins in with a participation game or buys a copy of the game from us.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 12:24:49 PM »
On Sunday we were at 'The Other Partizan' at Newark Showground were we ran a great couple of Red Book of the Elf King participation games.

I've added a stack more photos that I took on the day to my wargames hobby blog @ http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Red-Book-of-the-Elf-King-at-The-Other-Partizan-2018

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 03:42:16 PM »
It all looks really great! Thank you for sharing.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019, 09:23:48 AM »
Next months Wargames Illustrated (July 2019) includes my modular terrain article about building the modular terrain for Red Book of the Elf King participation game. I've added a hobby blog page with additional photos and links.

http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Terra-Forming-the-World-of-the-Elf-King