Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:38:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New 7TV Gang - The Ministry of Silence  (Read 975 times)

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
New 7TV Gang - The Ministry of Silence
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:19:37 PM »
My new cast, based on the WI figure collection. Warlock Jones and his partner Doctor Chefiglio; Colonel Castor and his bodyguard Jemadar Khan; the mysterious Druid and his watchman Allan Lestrange.

The top operatives of Her Imperial Majesty's Ministry of Silence, this band of heroes have found themselves trapped in the death dimension of Chârn after investigating the particularly peculiar London "magician" Andrew Ketterley. Who knows what adventures await them, or where the Druid's true loyalties lie..?

If anyone has any idea how to run them in 7TV, I'd be grateful. My vague idea is for the wizards to be stars, and their companions co-stars

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
  • Post-Apocalyptic Librarian
Re: New 7TV Gang - The Ministry of Silence
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »
With Stars being 10 Ratings and Co-Stars being 5 ratings, that would make a 45 Ratings cast -- with six models at 45 Ratings, it could be easy to get swamped by a cheap Extra heavy cast.

You probably want to pick one of your wizards and make him the Star, make the other two Co-Stars, and then make their minions Extras.  Depending on what kind of Extras you make them, it'd add up to a much more reasonable 25 to 29 Ratings.

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 02:52:57 PM »
What would you recommend?

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 05:44:01 PM »
Of course it depends on who you are playing against and what, if any, rules you decide to use when building opposing casts.

Profiles and ratings are balanced, so Extras will find it tough to take down Star or Co-Stars even if the overall cast get more activations.

That said, I’d agree that a good spread of Stars, Co-Stars and Extras will give you access to a wider range of profiles, special effects and probably a more enjoyable game!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 05:55:52 PM »
Great looking model!  :-*

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
  • Post-Apocalyptic Librarian
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »
What would you recommend?

That's a great question, but I don't have a great answer.  I don't have the Children of the Fields programme guide yet, and given it's occult orientation it will likely have model profiles that will suit a band of magicians better than the core profiles.

However, sticking to the core profiles I would go with:

Star:  Tommorrow Person (11 Ratings)
  • Add Leader (1)

Star: Unearthly Traveller (7 Ratings)
  • -2 Mind (Mind: 4)
  • Remove Alien SFX
  • Swap Repair SFX for Hypnotise SFX
  • Swap Photonic Spanner for Stun Pistol
  • Add Leader (1)

Co-Star: Crackpot Inventor (6 Ratings)
  • -1 Fight (Fight: 2)
  • Swap Repair for Medic
  • Swap Photnic Spanner for SMG
  • Add Leader (1)

Extra: Bodyguard x3 (6 ratings)
  • Swap Pistols for Rifles

Total Ratings: 30

Define the Stun Pistols as "Magic Missiles" and the SMG as a "Wand of Fireballs".  Your "Crackpot Inventor" is a "Arcane Engineer" and his "gadgets" are "magic items."  Your Unearthly Traveller is a Star, I've knocked his price down to Co-Star levels, but he still generates 2 Plot Points a turn.   Each of your Star/Co-Stars has Leader (1) so that you can always activate your Bodyguards for free and keep them close to their charges.

Technically you can't swap weapons on Extras, but I feel that swapping Pistols (2 shots, 12" range)  for Rifles (1 shot, 24" range) on Military, Law/Order and Crime Extras is so pffft that it should be allowed.  If I were your opponent, I certainly wouldn't have an issue with it.  Anyone crying that it's gamebreaking is out of touch with reality.

If you plan to expand the Cast, I'd add a horde of 7 Bystanders to farm for Plot Points. With the three Bodyguards activating for free, you can leave the 7 Bystanders hanging out in your starting area, giving you 10 extras that are spending no PP and generating 5 PP a turn, which you'll need to really take advantage of the Tomorrow Person's Superhuman ability and all your Unexplained SFX.

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »
Very in depth, thank you! I've only played 4 games so I really appreciate it