Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Pirate ship/Fleet builder: current model THE BRIG  (Read 21020 times)

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
Re: [Commercial] Pirate ship/Fleet builder: current model THE BRIG
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2019, 02:17:10 PM »
Time for some cool WIP again. I have added the square sails for the prototype. I am getting excited how good it looks  :D Don't you agree?

The jib sails in the front need some adjustments to work here but other than that I am ready to work on finalizing the new sail options and adding weathering to them. Then I will repeat this step for the final build.

Almost time to start prepping the Kickstarter and let the whole fleet sail the open seas and a gaming table near you!  ;)

Chris

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2019, 08:41:37 AM »
Splendid! Splendid!
Can't find any reason why this model should be jealous of a plastic one!
I really admire your job! Keep them coming!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2019, 05:58:49 AM »
Splendid! Splendid!
Can't find any reason why this model should be jealous of a plastic one!
I really admire your job! Keep them coming!

That's a very nice feedback! Thank you  :-*

The big advantage of paper model PDF's - the ability to print and build as many as one wants - usually comes at the price of less detail compared to a plastic model. If you see my brig in the same league as plastic, I feel very proud  :D

Chris

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »
Working on adding the masts and sails to the final build. For this one I am going to cut out the spaces on the ratline parts. It takes a while but actually was much less work than I thought.

Here is a little sneak peek ...

For those not so crazy  :D you can always go for the easy version as seen before or print on transparencies.

Chris

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2019, 07:59:42 AM »
Love it!  :-*
Unbelievable details!
Ok, cutting the spaces on the ratlines is quite a job, but is really worth it! Congrats!

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2019, 09:18:18 AM »
For those not so crazy  :D you can always go for the easy version as seen before or print on transparencies.

Will you have cut files as well? I seem to recall all your previous stuff I bought has them.

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2019, 05:28:15 AM »
Will you have cut files as well? I seem to recall all your previous stuff I bought has them.

Yes I will provide cut files. But I tried cutting out the ratlines with the auto cutter and wasn't very pleased with the result. I had to go over the parts manually to fix up the problems with the cutting that I did the other ratlines just manually. Maybe it's just me and my cutter and I will test this with some beta testers further.

But I was surprised how fast the manual cutting went anyway. I think I am just an old school manual cutter  :D

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2019, 09:07:38 AM »
Not only perfect cutter, but also your gluing and assembling is impeccable!
But this is what shows the final result.
I imagine that you have passed moments of trial and error, teeth gnashing and mumbling improper words  lol

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
Not only perfect cutter, but also your gluing and assembling is impeccable!
But this is what shows the final result.
I imagine that you have passed moments of trial and error, teeth gnashing and mumbling improper words  lol

To be honest, I find myself to be an advanced beginner at best in terms of paper modelling. Sure I have a lot of experience with all the trial builds I make but I design my sets to be build-able by beginners too. When I look at what the pros do in paper modellers forums, there is so much more one could do. But I am lazy and if parts get too small and complicated there could be the one or other improper word by me :D

I am glad that you appreciate my results. Yes there where many trial and errors. For the attaching of the new square sails to the masts I have been doing and abandoning and redoing ideas until the last minute until I was satisfied with a solid, sturdy, working method.

Very happy that I have now completed that project and can start to prep the KS to let it loose on the world.

Chris