Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My fantasy projects  (Read 11542 times)

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
My fantasy projects
« on: July 12, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »
Hi evrybody,
I'd like to show you some images of my work on fantasy miniatures. I often jump from a project to another, so probably lot of variety will be  :)
So, let's start with wat's actually on the cork: some old citadel chaos warriors (from Heroquest), some chaos thugs, an ultra-modern flesh hound and a Chaos champion still in progress. The beginning of a warband to be used for Shadespire, Dragon Rampant or whatever.
Thank you all for reading!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: My fantasy projects
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »
Good looking stuff!! I play all the games you have listed!... i've painted the Hero's for Heroquest, but nobody else... I'll get on that some day... I painted all the monsters and heroes for DragonStrike... another favorite (way less monsters then Heroquest).... one day! Keep on going, looking good!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »
Thank you very much Gibby: painting of these guys is making progresses, I hope to show some painted models soon.
Heroquest is a kind of sentimental affair, I used to play it when I was twelve (so, many, many years ago...). Later I found a copy of the game in a second hand shop (quite a bargain: just one fimir was missing!). Now the idea is to use the models for various project and get them slowly painted. One day, maybe, even play one game  lol.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 08:09:53 PM »
After holiday time finally some paintjob has been done on chaos models. Four chaos warriors, the hound and the little angry thug done. And even a picture of the band so far in beige background!

I'm not totally happy with the NMM, and maybe the choice of the very bright orange spots makes colours a bit unbalanced, ma for now I will call these guys finished.

Now I should think more seriously about some background for this posse: I'm only shure that the hound is a famele one (not sure if that suits the canon, but who cares?). Her name, surely, is Ella!

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »
Today I've managed to finish the first group of models: three more thugs for the warband. I enjoied a lot painting these: no doubt that the weird guy in skeletal armour is my favorite!

The orange spots represents some kind of gift or mutation given by the dark god Khorne: all in all a bit better in less dark and monochrome models.

Online Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 06:06:23 PM »
These look great! That red-orange glow for the 'hot spots' is superb!

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 07:56:27 AM »
Thank you, Hobgoblin, very glad that you appreciate this: your threads are very inspiring and I like your mature approach to the hobby!

I admit that the original idea was less that of a glow and more of some spot of unnaturaly, plastic-like saturated colors. I also admit that the effect, all in all, is of something emitting orange light  lol. Now I think I'll have two ways: introducing some glow effects o try to paint orange in a different way (maybe no highlits?). Next on queue is the mutated champion: I'll try on him.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 07:19:03 PM »
After a bit of attention paid to another project, I finally completed the boss of my chaotic faction: meet La Fiera (The Beast), the nameless and speechless half-demon who leads this pack of barbarian warriors.

Nobody ever heard a single word fron his mounth, but he slowly gathered followers and minions in the wasteland where he recently appeared.

With the chaos hound and the two old-styled chaos warriors he is my warband in Warhammer Underworlds. I hope to play some larger battles with different rule sets when he will have some more follower!

Hope you like it.

Online Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
That's a terrific beast (or indeed Beast)!

Offline djbii

• Librarian
  • The Goblin King
    • HotT 'n' Stuff
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 10:03:20 PM »
Lots of great work there :-)
A life spent making mistakes is not only honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” –  George Bernard Shaw

https://hottnstuff.blogspot.com/ (was http://hitlh.blogspot.com.au/)

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 07:46:41 AM »
Thank you both guys!
Probably this is the last figure of the year: I hope to continue in this demonic mood even in the near future. Program fo 2019: improve that damn NMM  lol

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »
Very cool

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »
Thank you Beefcake, I'm glad that you like it!

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Re: My fantasy projects (Radical winged demon painting)
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 09:12:13 PM »
Hi everyone,
new update is a sort of radical painting exercise: since demonic nature is, IMO, individualistic and chaotic, I decided to paint the handful of demons in the leadpile with individual colour palette... randomising them  o_o
Ok, quite odd idea, but an interesting painting exercise, I think. So I will paint my demons using the palette planned for other works actually on the painting desk.
To make things easier, first other job on queue were some bases for WWII soldiers, so first palette were (almost) just browns!
So a couple of shots of the result on an old (and very cool sculpted) Demon Wing from Chronopia. In the last shot you can see the guy with an old mate, pianted when I still decided what colour use  :)
I hope you enjoy it. Thank you very much for reading

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 10:01:59 PM »
well done sir... very cool minis