Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690718
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My fantasy projects  (Read 11619 times)

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Re: My fantasy projects
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 08:15:53 AM »
Thank you, Gibby:  I'm glad that you liked this though lights in photos are very yellowish and I'm not very found yet in NMM.

Next demon palette: WWII soviet infantry (!)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:45 AM »
Very nice. I wish these old minis were still in production. So much flavour!

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »
Thank you beefcake!

Yes, Chronopia range had some really fantastic models: the guy I painted i sepia colours is a beautiful sculpt, great desing, great character, beautiful details and posture. Even if the Devout faction (demons/cultists/undead) was not one of the best in the range, there was some great model in it.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 08:12:37 AM »
It took some time, but I have some pics of a new winged demon: this time WWII Russian infantry palette, with some simple conversions (four wings and a simple weapon swap). Not happy with the non metallics yet, but I'm working on it.  ;)

Thank you for reading and a happy Easter to everybody!

Offline Father_Andrew

• Assistant
    • Crafts and Minis on YouTube
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 04:06:53 PM »
Awesome conversions!
Check out my YouTube Channel about minis and terrain: https://www.youtube.com/c/craftsandminis

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 09:13:01 PM »
Thank you Andrew, I'm glad that you like it!

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Re: My fantasy projects - marble statues and jellyfish daemon
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 04:31:10 PM »
Ok, keep on on my fantasy roll: inspired by the fantastic recipe of Hagen Pinxit for marble painting, this time I made some statues thought to be used as terrains (for Frostgrave or even for Warhammer Underwolds). The result is far from that of the original tutorial, but decent enough for tabletop level.

http://hagenpinxit.blogspot.com/2018/06/marble-tutorial.html

And then the mandatory (non) winged demon: conversion and paint job thinking in some way to a jellyfish.

Thank you for reading

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Re: My fantasy projects - A battle in SoBH
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2019, 08:57:41 PM »
A quick update: few shots from a recent game of SOBH played with my good mate Flavio. My chaos adepts battled with Flavio's skavens (and they totally suked ::)).
But lot of fun in the end!
Featuring a close up of one of my marble statues on the top of Flavio's scenics.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 05:55:48 PM »
Leaking of new material to update the fantasy tread, but having received my brand new tripod, I decided to take some picture of some miniature painted some time ago. I started with a small army put together when I gave a try to Warmachine: so here are my non-Cryx minis! I started with the humble mecanichal zombies (mechanithrall, in game terms) and their surgeon master (plus his minions). Most of them old GW zombies with various conversions and an old Warzone dark legion guy playing as the master. Hope you like them!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
Great stuff. I thought I was being clever when I zombified some GW Ogre Bulls to be Crypt Horrors. But the Dunning Kruger effect applies, as I now see the sort of conversions that can be done!!!
My Tilean Campaign can be found at https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 08:31:57 PM »
Great stuff. I thought I was being clever when I zombified some GW Ogre Bulls to be Crypt Horrors. But the Dunning Kruger effect applies, as I now see the sort of conversions that can be done!!!

Thank you mate, I'm glad that you like them!
To be honest old GW zombies were quite easy to customize: theyr multi-part concept allowed quite easily to swap parts of their bodies with virtually everything. The drawbak were odd positions, lack of dynamism and so on. All in all even today I see often bits of that kit utilized in conversion stuff.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2019, 05:17:53 PM »
Some blurry, over-lightened pics to share what's on the workbench: a re-basing of some old grenedier wood elf painted long time ago, a color test (feat an ugly paint job on the miniature ::)) and the mandatory demon (again, converted from old Chronopia stuff).
Hope you like it!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2019, 05:44:56 PM »
Great work !

i recognize chronopia demonwings :

http://www.chronopiaworld.com/artikel.php?id=118

Do you have any spare wings left ? I'm searching for a couple of them, to complete a chronopia unit.

Thanks

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2019, 05:58:21 PM »
Hi Sundayhero,
sorry, but I have just one more model and I'd like to keep it.
I have a spare bit of wings from a complete model, but I think you mean the complete model of a daemon wing...

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
Hi,

thank you for your answer,

I'm just searching for the separated wings only, not the figure itself. I bought some used figures sometimes ago, and I don't have the wings of the mini...