Forum > Pikes, Muskets and Flouncy Shirts

Empress or TAG or Perry?

(1/6) > >>

Parrot:
Which range would give the best thirty years war army?  The Assault Group has a dedicated range just for the TYW, but Empress miniatures are very attractive, and although sold as ECW, they don't seem to far off?  And of course there is also Perry, in much the same position as Empress it would seem.  I was leaning toward TAG, with the specific range for TYW, but the other 2 ranges feature musketeers without rests, which might be better for later parts of the war?  Or would rests still be used in 1648 Europe?  I'm looking for a good range for either protestant or catholic Germans for the war.

Firescale Whack:
https://www.horcata.eu/ for the best TYW range I would go with Bohemian miniatures. Cav is sold without horses, I use Eureka Miniatures mounts for mine but they are made for Front Rank I believe.

Stecal:
I mix them all - Perry, TAG, Horcata, even some Old Glory and Warlord Games are of a similar size.  Can't comment on the Empress Minis as I don't have any.

With some carving you can fit the Horcata cavalry onto Warlord Minis plastic horses.

Phillius:
Horcata is probably the most suitable for early to mid war. But TAG are probably the most complete. Avanpost Miniatures are probably the nicest figures available for the TYW though.

There's also El Kraken Released for the Spanish in the TYW, lovely figures, tough to assemble for us old fellas.

Steve Barber announced a new range last week as well.

1st Corps also have a range.

Mine consists of El Kraken for the Spanish, Warlord for their German cohorts at Nordlingen, but also Horcata (Bohemian Miniatures) and Avanpost as I build up numbers.

Parrot:
So what would be the best range for late war figures? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version