Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685048
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Setting the East Ablaze 2e -- what are changes? New scenario book coming.  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
I saw at Historicon that there is/will be a scenario book relating to the Dunsterforce. I have interest, but I have a 1st edition copy. I really don't want to spend another $30 for 2nd ed.

I would really appreciate a list of changes from 1e to 2e.

If changes are major and really requires buying 2e, then I will pass on both 2e and the scenario book.

Thanks

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hi Shogun

I wouldn't have written a second edition if I didn't think there was a need for a lot of changes.  Sorry if that means you are no longer interested, but appreciate your participation so far.

best regards

Steve
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
Hi Steve --

Sorry if I sounded a bit short. Sometimes a 2nd edition contains "clean-up" revisions and sometimes, like you say, wholesale changes.

I'll pick up a copy of 2e at the next convention.

Thanks!

Chuck

Offline Sir Rodney Ffing

• Scientist

Schogun - I have both versions, and would say 2nd edition is worth getting.

I am very much looking forward to the Dunsterforce scenario book, but have a strong suspicion you could play it with either edition (although 2nd is longer and better!)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hi Steve --

Sorry if I sounded a bit short. Sometimes a 2nd edition contains "clean-up" revisions and sometimes, like you say, wholesale changes.

Thanks!

Chuck

Cheers Chuck. All the best  Steve

Offline ecwcaptain

• Librarian
Agreed, you would easily be able to play all of the Dunsterforce 16 scenarios using the First Edition. That said, the 2nd Edition does clean things up and such, so is recommended as well.

Regards,
Bob