Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:59:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulpish Hover robots - Limited run  (Read 1298 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Pulpish Hover robots - Limited run
« on: July 21, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
I had these small hover robots (about 20mm high), inspired by a 1980's cartoon, commissioned for myself and will do a limited run in quality resin to spread some of the love (and share some of the costs).

I'm hoping to have them in hand for shipping in a couple weeks, but doing a pre-order now to pay the casting bill.  :) To keep things simple, I'm going for a flat rate including shipping, with discounts for multiple purchases:
- 1 set of 2 (2 bodies, 4 arms): £10 including UK shipping, add £1 for EU shipping, add £3 for shipping outside Europe;
- 2 sets of 2 (4 total): £18 including UK shipping, add £1 for EU shipping, add £3 for shipping outside Europe;
- 3 sets of 2 (6 total): £24 including UK shipping, add £1 for EU shipping, add £3 for shipping outside Europe;
- each additional set of 2 over that: add £5

Order by PM.  :)

The original masters:

The first cast out of the mould:

Incidentally, the hero figure included in the same mould can be ordered alongside these if wanted: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?board=18.0

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:14:41 AM by white knight »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Pulpish Hover robots - Limited run
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »
I certainly recognize Blackstar there ( the sword's very distinctive) but the bots are eluding my memory.  Same cartoon, what episode(s)?

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »
A different Filmation show, also with a barbarian looking dude with a powersword. The robots belonged to his nemesis with skull face. ;)

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:49:16 PM »
Brilliant!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 08:50:21 AM »
Nice robot.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »
A different Filmation show, also with a barbarian looking dude with a powersword. The robots belonged to his nemesis with skull face. ;)

Ah, dopey me, I knew they looked familiar but I was looking around under his sister's show for images.

EDIT:  Speaking of which, what the blazes has everyone's panties in a twist where She-Ra's involved?  There's a ton of bad blood about the show's recent relaunch, and I don't care to wade in the muck to find out the details.  The art style's certainly different but that can't be the whole issue. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:39:31 PM by Hobby Services »

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »
Apparently, a lot of the hardcore fans don't allow for any change. I posted my painted Hasslefree female He-Man to a MOTU fangroup on facebook and some guys got really worked up and angry about it. Many others thought it was cool, but the haters were really hating strongly. One guy was calling people gay (as if that's an insult) for liking a female version of He-Man (seemed like flawed reasoning).

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 08:23:07 AM »
I'm going to finalise the order for the caster at the end of the month. Anyone interested can get in touch with me by PM. :)