Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689675
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ACP164  (Read 10536 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Re: ACP164
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
Just got some pre-delivery images for our first vehicle back from designer today.

This is the ConFed AFV, seen here in APC mode. It is uded by both the EDF and Homeguard units to deliver infantry safely to hot spots.

www.albedopatrol.com
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »
Press Release No 2
Albedo Miniatures Game ACP164

ACP164 is a 28mm miniatures game based on the ‘Albedo Anthropomorphics’ comic written by Steve Gallacci. The product line includes a campaign sourcebook, rules system, a miniatures range, vehicles, buildings and terrain items.

The Albedo Miniatures Game Campaign Sourcebook

The ACP boxed set will contain a sourcebook for the Albedo universe. This explains the concepts behind the Albedo Comic book series, which are central to the game. We’re trying very hard to not have a game that’s “WW2 rabbits”, or “random space critters”. Steve Gallacci did a lot of work in establishing a rational basis and storyline for his universe, and we’re aiming to stay true to that. Unlike the previous RPG versions, which are based in the ‘present day’, we’re delving into the history of the Albedo setting, and exploring the detail of the First Lepine War. If you’re a fan of the comics, this is the war Erma Felna’s Dad fought in, and which established the way that critters fight.

The sourcebook comes in four parts. The first explores the history of the Albedo Universe, and provides a general overview of how things work. We’ve not gone into exhaustive detail on all these things - that’s because we’re staying consistent with the RPG. If you want to know how space travel works, that’s the place to look. Besides, it’s largely immaterial to a ground level infantry combat game.

The second part of the book looks at the First Lepine War from a historical perspective. We’ve looked at each of the four phases of the war, highlighting the development of technology and military thinking, as well as the key operations.

The third section looks at the military, organisation, weapons and technology. This section contains organisation charts for the HomeGuard, EDF and ILR over time, as well as painting guides for each force.

The final section details a dozen linked scenarios that form the Almata campaign. This explores the escalating conflict on the planetary surface, and depending on the Kickstarter, will also include a mini-campaign set in a space station in orbit above the planet of Coteipi. This campaign is set in the modern period, but later expansion packs will look at the earlier war period in more detail, with associated miniatures. We’re hoping that interest will be high enough to produce the miniatures needed to represent the Almata Home Guard!

Further Information
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/acp164/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2136561973225899/
Twitter: @albedo164
Retailer & Distributor enquiries: ann@sally4th.co.uk

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »
A first look at the prototype building for Albedo Combat Patrol. We've gone for a sleek, near future, plexi-glass and steel look with solar panels and air filtration. All the buildings can be purchased by the floor and have options for lift shaft or stairs and interior details.

www.albedopatrol.com

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2018, 12:15:52 PM »
Just finished painting enough Albedo Miniatures to field an EDF Platoon in Albedo Combat Patrol.

www.albedopatrol.com

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 03:18:33 PM »
The concept of clear bases is starting to grow up on me...

At the risk of starting to sound annoying, any more information you can share about the afore-mentioned ACP box set at this time?

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 09:24:14 AM »
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your message. We are just firming up on how everything is going to work in the Kickstarter and early release now. Next week (24th September), we are putting the core unit back on acp164 website for pre-order to ship October before Kickstarter starts on 15th October. There will be a ConFed Section (8 Critters mix of Cat / Dog / Fox with 1 x Machine Pistol, 6 x Assault Rifle, 1 x LMG) and an ILR half section of 7 x Lapines armed with 6 x Carbine and 7th can either be given a Grenade Launcher or LMG.

The Kickstarter will include:

Sourcebook (80+ pages of background, history, technology, geography) useful for both table top and RPG gamers.
Scenario Book: (40+ Pages of two linked campaign arches with integrated scenarios)
Rules Set: Rule book,  2 x 50 card action decks, 1 x 26 card activation deck, MDF Status Tokens, Perspex Template Set, unit reference cards and introductory scenarios. Basically everything you need to play the game. If we get 300 backers, we will be able to but this stuff in a boxed game which will also include 11 miniatures that are used in introductory scenario.

Miniatures and vehicles including EDF APC, Light Tank, ILR APC, ConFed Light Infantry, ConFed Home Guard, ILR Garrison Troops and Special Assault Troops together with loads of species and weapons stretch goals.

Terrain - Buildings, Roads, Scatter, Modular building interior set.

... and much more depending on level of support!

When Kickstarter starts we will also make basic rules and cards available as PDF downloads so people can start playing / play testing with basic units.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
First playtest of Albedo Introductory scenario.

I've added a full write up with lots of photos on the Albedo Forums: http://albedopatrol.com/Forum/index.php?topic=22.0

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
As always the answer, and the battle report, are much appreciated.
I think it's the first time I see the Combat Patrol rules in action, actually.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 05:41:44 PM »
Glad you liked it Fionna.
Combat Patrol always give a fun, fast, plausible game without having to refer to loads of charts and stuff!

We have just added the first couple of packs of Albedo Miniatures to website.
http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Albedo-Patrol

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
Hopefully Sally Forth will have few of these at SELWG next month. I've been thinking that a group of elephant mounted 'Siamese' warriors would be a fun conversion to use the head/tail sets for. Are there any Avian figures planned soon, maybe as stretch goals?
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2018, 11:17:48 AM »
Unfortunately we will not be at SELWG this year as it clashes with a family wedding.
We will be at Fiasco, Crisis & Warfare with plenty of the ILR & EDF squads plus conversion packs.

We have the first 20 stretch goals defined for the Kickstarter campaign that starts 15th October. This includes lots of different heads, weapons, characters and vehicles.

We would like to be able to offer every species that appears in Albedo. It all depends on how much support we get for the kick starter / pre-orders.

We are still thinking about approach for wings and hoofs. Disney draws them with hands, Steve doesn't.  If we follow Disney lead we upset the Albedo purists. If we follow Steves lead we have miniatures that can not hold anything and can't do much more than peck or graze!

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
Layout complete for the Albedo Combat Patrol play test rule book.
This will be available as a free PDF download for everyone who backs the Kickstarter (live on 15th October) or pre-orders some Albedo Miniatures from www.acp164.com so that everyone can get playing straight away and participate in play test / games development.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2018, 07:51:40 PM »
I'll have to figure out some method of printing out cards...

May I ask if you've advertised the project on any other miniatures-related sites yet?

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »
Hi Fiona,

We do regular post on Facebook, and I send out press releases to a growing number of sites / blogs, but if you've got any suggestions for any where new, I'd be really pleased to hear them.

Thanks,

Chris

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
Ah, I'm by no means an expert on advertisement, just thought to ask as I was browsing through Dakkadakka the other day and didn't recall seeing any mention of the project there.
I don't use Facebook myself so most I can do to spread the word is to mention it on the one and only Finnish wargaming forum.  :D