Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: arab plastic tribesmen/Méharistes  (Read 1327 times)

Online italwars

• Mastermind
arab plastic tribesmen/Méharistes
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:36:45 PM »
i discovered this pict on the web...it probably refers to some kind of Kong Kong produced type of toy soldiers ..but the scale, probably the price, and versality seem interesting for French Colonial/North Africa project with a low budget and conversion possibilities..next to Airfix 1:72 they seem to on a right scale..28mm ..and could be fielded close to various 28mm manufactures..they even have the pouches (also if lightly defined) of Compagnies Méharistes..
well..did somebody handled those minis?...are they compatible with other 28mm metal? how/where could they be purchased?..by any chance anybody has a sample to send/sell me?
thanks in advance
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Md-TKXB7sg0/VOBNOYuRd-I/AAAAAAAAJoU/J734xcjOc0M/s1600/Airfix%2BHO-OO%2BArabs%2BBedouin-DSCN0731.JPG

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Re: arab plastic tribesmen/Méharistes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:18:20 PM by twrchtrwyth »
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Online italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 02:28:14 PM »
thanks..interesting link the last one...very interested..but now they seem to be unavailable on usual web shops like Ali Express ecc..
thanks again

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 09:02:09 AM »
i'm steel dreaming of some meharists ... i asked Michael Perry ( will be part of the WW2 range, but suitable from late XIX th century, in Sahara-Chad, but also in Levant ... ) ... some day, may be ?
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Online italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 04:44:05 PM »
Lou...I share same dream with you ..now that I purchased all the info’s I needed including “historique des compagnies meharistes” and various other ..i m more interested in small but glorious early combats vs Touareg like Tit or Esseyen than WW2..
What do you think about unfeasibly ones..also if I suspect they are out of business..my only critic is that they are on the small size compared , for example, to the beautiful Redoubt or Willie Touaregs tribesmen that I have already painted to provide the opposition..on the other hand I have Tirailleurs Senegalais from Reviresco and Castaway that being small are ok

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 06:55:47 PM »
Unfeasibly seem's to have been lost in the sand ... they were on the small size ... They were of the size of the Perry minis