Forum > The Conflicts that came in from the Cold

Tanks : The Modern Age

(1/2) > >>

jetengine:
GF9's Tanks, a skirmish game  using BF Plastic WW2 tanks and an X-wing style card and movement system is receiving its second edition now dubbed 'The Modern Age' and is WW3/Team Yankee based. The WW2 edition will still be supported and to a degree will be cross compatible (So yes you could have three Shermans against an Abrams etc). Besides Modern Tanks there will also be rules for Helicopters !

I'm rather looking forward to it as a nice cheap Beer and Pretzels historical skirmish game.

Link to more details.

https://www.beastsofwar.com/modern-warfare/tanks-the-modern-age-whats-inside-starter-set/

Dr. Zombie:
I never got around to play the WWII version. I died assebling the tanks. I found them way to fiddly for what is essentially a beer and pretzel game.

But helicopters sounds interesting.

Arrigo:

--- Quote from: Dr. Zombie on August 02, 2018, 09:46:56 AM ---I never got around to play the WWII version. I died assebling the tanks. I found them way to fiddly for what is essentially a beer and pretzel game.

--- End quote ---

they are the standard BF plastics sold in single sprue. Give or take.

Daeothar:

--- Quote from: Dr. Zombie on August 02, 2018, 09:46:56 AM ---I never got around to play the WWII version. I died assebling the tanks. I found them way to fiddly for what is essentially a beer and pretzel game.

--- End quote ---

I thought Tanks! would be a fun way to introduce my nephew, with whom I regularly play X-Wing, to historical wargaming. But when trying it for the first time with my regular gaming buddy, we (well; he... ::) ) completely broke the game and that sucked out all the fun I wanted it to be.  :(

I haven't touched it since, even though I've assembled a few more tanks since then, and recently even got a whole shedload of the original blisters (tanks with cards) for a steal (€5,- a piece!) So it might eventually see another outing, but then maybe against another, less savvy player perhaps. With a more symmetrical set-up...

And even though I'm about to get into Team Yankee at the moment (book in hands, first units on their way), I'm not sure I'd invest in, what I fear still is, a broken game. But YMMV... ;)

Dr. Zombie:

--- Quote from: Arrigo on August 02, 2018, 06:40:42 PM ---they are the standard BF plastics sold in single sprue. Give or take.

--- End quote ---

I know. But my only previous experience with BF tanks has been the old resin ones where you just glue on tracks and a gunbarrel.

I just have a deep aversion to assembling plastic models.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version