Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Chema WWII gallery : 3/5/2023 Panzer II winter camo  (Read 8506 times)

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
Chema WWII gallery : 3/5/2023 Panzer II winter camo
« on: August 02, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »
Hi again guys,

Yesterday, I finished painting a 7.5 cmm Pak 40 auf Geschutzwagen 39 (f)... but we will call him Marder from now on haha,  Marder with Pak 40 on an old French tank chasis, the little Hotchkiss H39.  The model itself is Madbob models, a brand who produces uncommon vehicles, like this conversion or Hungarian tanks.  The quality is average, it came only in 2 parts; the gun and the whole chasis with tracks, so i very simplistic design in my opinion, you can choose If you want to use the 105 mm gun or the 75mm. I chose the latter.

I just added a plastic MG 34 and camo net as a "conversion"  The model was painted with AMMO MIG acrilic paints. It is the first time I use them and I am happy with their performance. I have been using Tamiya paints for years... but now I will combine both ranges. I was painted with airbrush, trying to modulate to lights, masking the different camouflages with "Panzer Putty", then I airbrushed satin varnish, put the decals, more varnish and the funny part: Weathering!
filters, oil fading, pin washes, streaking grime, chipping, dust washes, pigments... you now.

more here:

http://spanishleadpainting.blogspot.com/2018/08/bolt-action-normandy-german-support-and.html

I painted as a tank destroyer of the 21 Panzerdivision in Normandy in June 1944.

and some support...

MG 42

81mm mortar

Pak 40

Hope you like them!

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 09:24:56 AM by chema1986 »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Bolt Action Normandy: Infantry and Pak 40 auf Geschützwagen H39
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 01:03:57 PM »
Very nice.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »

Nice work :)

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 04:43:23 PM »
Lovely work. 👍

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 05:34:18 PM »
Cracking work :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
What scale?

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 06:23:57 PM »
Many thanks guys! The scale is 28mm or 1/56

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »
Superb! I really love the PaK carrier.

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 05:21:23 PM »
Lovely painting :-*

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »
Hello guys, I have painted a couple of little tanks this summer;
Here
https://spanishleadpainting.blogspot.com/2020/07/bolt-action-manchukuos-type-94-tankette.html

Some months ago I decided to paint a small force for Warlord Games' Bolt Action, a defense force of the Empire of Manchukuo.  I know it is a rare subject, but I liked the idea of an auxiliary army fighting bandits, Chinese or Soviets in the steppes of Far East, with cavalry, outdated equipment and such. I started the project with a plane, a Japanese fighter in Manchukuo's service, you can see it here:

https://spanishleadpainting.blogspot.com/2019/12/air-support-for-bolt-action-manchukuos.html

And next miniature is a "tank" well, a tankette, a type 94, also of Japanese origin, we know Japan supplied Manchukuo with at least 10 of these vehicles throughout the war, amongst other vehicles, but I found this one was the nicest of all (imho).

The kit is in resin and metal, by Warlord Games, painted with Ammo Mig paints and weathered in the usual way of enamel washes, chipping and pigments. This time I think I did too much dusting on the vehicle, but it is not a big issue given the dusty and sandy terrain of the north China/Mongolian plains.

I downloaded a Manchukuo flag from the internet and added it to the tank, following the Japanese way of attaching flags to vehicles, in order to give some colour to the little model.  It's not my best paintjob, but I like it anyway.

Next tank is a Panzer Hotchkiss H39, from Rubicon Models.
In Normandy there were several Panzer brigades armed with obsolete French tanks, which gave initial support to the infantry divisions in the firsts hours and days of the invasion, so I NEEDED at least one of these beauties in my army !

I painted a similar tank (well, a tank hunter) 7.5 cmm Pak 40 auf Geschutzwagen 39 (f) a couple of years ago, you can see it here:

https://spanishleadpainting.blogspot.com/search/label/Normandy.

Well now lets talk about the model, It comes in resin, super high quality resin, indeed, the best tank model in resin I have ever seen, so highly recommended. The detail is crisp, clean and very accurate in my humble opinion, so I could´nt be happier with my purchase.
The painting was made by primming the model in dark grey with Ammo Mig spray can, and then airbrushed with paints of the same brand; dark yellow modullation paints, and camouflage colours in green and brown.

Then I applied gloss varnish with the airbrush, and applied the decals, just Balkenkreuzes in turret and rear of the tank,  another coat of varnish in order to protect the decals... and then the funny part, the weathering!

-tan filter

-oil dots fading

-pin washes

-chipped paint in two tones

-streaking grime with enamels

-dust and dirt with enamels

-dust and mud with pigments

-oxide and smoke with pigments

-matt varnish

-grease and oil in enamels (as they are glossy, I applied after the matt varnish, because I wanted them to stand out)

-Graphite to the tracks.

Cheers

Offline tancrede

• Scientist
    • Studio Caillou
Re: Bolt Action Gallery: Manchukuo Type 97 and German Hotchkiss H39
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 08:13:46 PM »
Lovely painting here, on unusual subjects !  :-*
It's a pleasure to come here to see the news, sir.
My blog, for personnal and commission work, and sometimes other things too => http://studiocaillou.blogspot.fr/

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 09:15:23 PM »
Great work on the new additions, I particularly like the Hotchkiss

I’d missed the initial post, so its great to see those figures, really like the crew figures on the MGs and the guns

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 08:25:10 AM »
many thanks guys for your kind comments!

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »
It is great to see some Manchukuo represented!

My friends and I ran a small Japanese vs. Russian campaign set in Manchukuo using Bolt Action a couple of years ago. I personally play solo skirmish games using the Five Men In Normandy rules set in Manchukuo, pitting my little group of Chinese bandits against Japanese occupiers, Russian invaders, and even other Bandit gangs as they struggle to survive against the background of constant war.
Hi! I'm Harry. I am a hobby addict; I game sci-fi, fantasy, and historical (including Ancients, Dark Ages, Renaissance, and World War II Manchukuo.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 09:55:26 AM »
It is great to see some Manchukuo represented!

My friends and I ran a small Japanese vs. Russian campaign set in Manchukuo using Bolt Action a couple of years ago. I personally play solo skirmish games using the Five Men In Normandy rules set in Manchukuo, pitting my little group of Chinese bandits against Japanese occupiers, Russian invaders, and even other Bandit gangs as they struggle to survive against the background of constant war.

Thanks! I love putting some "Manchukuoans" in the table, I also painted some air support earlier this year, a Nakajima Ki 27 in 1/72 here you have pics : https://spanishleadpainting.blogspot.com/2019/12/air-support-for-bolt-action-manchukuos.html

for the miniatures I think I will use Copplestone Chinese, because I have heard that Brigade Games Manchukuo's cavalry is very poor quality in its sculpting...

Cheers!