Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:04:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Forgotten World - Fireforge's new fantasy range  (Read 24821 times)

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
Re: [Kickstarter] Forgotten World - Fireforge's new fantasy range
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 05:04:18 PM »
Example of command options for living dead soldiers. Note: being in plastic we think will be easy for hobbysts modifying the neck to obtain a nice captain without head.

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 12:52:51 PM »
Another preview of the models you will be able to assemble with the Living Dead Knights set

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 08:49:08 PM »
I am excited beyond all reason for this Kickstarter.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 09:27:07 AM »
Really looking forward to this KS, could well be in for everything (depending on price of course)  :)

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »
I've been very wary of Kickstarters since I got burned (big time) on the last one I pledged for, but I might just be persuaded by this one after all, because the miniatures and renders look wonderful and they will fit in nicely with several existing ranges, such as Frostgrave and Oathmark.

Also, the stated goal of completely EU production appeals, as Chinese products, while plentiful and cheap, often leave lots to be desired. This at least means there will probably be a better quality control and vastly reduced transit times as well. Here's to hoping prices will still be acceptable, despite the obviously higher production costs...

I don't think we, as Fantasy hobbyists/gamers, have ever been as spoiled for choice and options as we are now, and this project will most likely increase that a lot still 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 11:27:17 AM »

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
Those zombie villagers do look good. I'd love to see non-zombie ones too!

Yes please!

I would love to have a plastic set of pesants. I want to be able to build an army of pesants. They are sorely lacking in wargaming. Most historical battles had lots of pesants on the battlefield.

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 05:37:55 PM »
First of all, i have to say that i really like the sculpts, they are miles ahead from any other Fireforge offering. As another stated before me, whoever is the artist, dont let him go. Ever.
These certainly are GW level, and GW might be alot of things but they certainly have good product.
One question though. Why Kickstarter? Fireforge is a well known brand in the hobby now. I would guess that you have the means to produce a new line especially if its one of Really good quality. Imo crowd funding platforms are for small unknown companies or dirt poor individuals that have the skill or the ideas but lack the funds. I know that many other companies do it, but in my mind this is an abuse of the original mentality behind the creation of these platforms.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »
Apparently people really like kickstarter, because I have seen plenty of miniature companies say that the difference is huge between kickstarting and just doing a pre-order on their own websites. For some reason people are more likely to toss some random cash at kickstarter then they are at some random cool minis elsewhere.

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2018, 09:21:31 PM »
Apparently people really like kickstarter, because I have seen plenty of miniature companies say that the difference is huge between kickstarting and just doing a pre-order on their own websites. For some reason people are more likely to toss some random cash at kickstarter then they are at some random cool minis elsewhere.
I dont know. I have observed that many people tend to be cautious about kickstarter, indiegogo etc, because even if its not true the rumours are that many problems can errupt. And on the othr hand, why pre order? Most people like to at least have a glimpse of the product first. My point is that it is expected from a well established company to back a new product with their own money and take the risk. I could understand a crowd funding campaign if they were offering a lavish or completely ground breaking product/service, but i dont think that this is the case here. These are very nice warhammer proxy minis and from the description probably similarly priced. I cant see the novelty or risky project here. Maybe im getting something wrong though, I dont know.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:24:47 PM by Captain Harlock »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »
I love how the GW mini has a crappy paintjob compared to the Fireforge one, lol
I really do like the look of these though.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 05:27:22 AM »
My point is that it is expected from a well established company to back a new product with their own money and take the risk.
I don't think this is at all as common an expectation as you believe anymore.  Kickstarter has more hits than misses these days and many people are comfortable taking the risk if a campaign is presented there.

Add that to the fact that the platform is, among many other things, a great advertising tool for creators and you might start to see why even bigger established companies use it.  Quite simply, Kickstarter has evolved, at least in our niche area.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what is on offer.  Especially if the figures match the scaling and proportions of modern GW figures, as the comparison shots seem to suggest.

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 12:01:31 PM »
My understanding is that there is a huge upfront cost in setting up for plastic sprues. Tens of thousands, maybe more for several sprues as obviously are required here. And though Fireforge are established and well known, I think most companies operate on very tight margins with very little spare cash. They simply could not afford to release all these sets without big investment, and what could be better than the certainty offered by KS?

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 05:39:07 PM »
We finally published a preview of our kickstarter campaign, you can check it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fireforgegames/927490714?ref=558303&token=3ad9da5c

Note: by mobile phone it is necessary to enlarge the page to see the pledge levels

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 08:13:16 PM »
The distinction between the exclusive figures and stretch figures is a little confusing, and I think it would make a bit more sense if the Early Bird was just a slightly cheaper version of the General rather than the General with the 2 bonus figures, but those are both minor complaints.

Good luck!