Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690733
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Raventhorpe 1:72 metal models/minis  (Read 3603 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Raventhorpe 1:72 metal models/minis
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:09:23 AM »
Hello
as title said...are those very useful Raventhorpe metal 20mm/1:72 vehicles, minis, spare heads/weapons still around?...maybe somebody from UK in contact with the wargame milieu can give me some recent info...i find a FB that is frozen from years but in any case i do not use FB..any mail recent adress?...did somebody have a recent list?..
in my opinion they were very nice , affordable and sturdy models depicting rare to find weapons and soldiers..many of my WW2 East Africa Stuff like KAR, Sudan Camel Troopers, Early trucks and  AC ecc are from Raventhorpe..their irregular types like WW1 German ruga ruga, dubats, NWF tribesmen are also very useful
thank in advance

Offline Dave.P

• Schoolboy
Re: Raventhorpe 1:72 metal models/minis
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:21:34 AM »
A lot of the Raventhorpe resin vehicles are sold by  rapid-fire-uk.com  . Don't know about the metal items.
A few years ago Plastic Soldier Company was selling some of the range - they might have information.
Would EWM fill some of the gaps?

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »
If anyone knows about Raventhorpe it would be Richard B who used to edit the 20th century warfare society magazine (I have forgotten the proper titles of both!).
He used to use a lot of Raventhorpe figures for his colonial games.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 11:08:07 PM »
Raventhorpe are thriving. There is a Face Book Group that is very active and on there is a complete and up to date product listing. 👍
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:30:12 PM by SABOT »

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 12:08:39 AM »
Raventhorpe are thriving. There is a Face Book Group that is very active and on there is a compleye and up to date product listing. 👍

Yes but the OP mentioned he doesn't do Facebook (I don't either). Is there any where else to buy them online? I remember a few years ago having a printed listing without pictures and having to send cheques by snail mail...

Offline zirrian

• Librarian
  • 1:72 enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:24:06 AM »
Then make a Facebook account.

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »
I have a recent list that l can send to you, pm me your email address and l will sort it.
Raventhorpe have a very active Facebook page with numerous images of their products.

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 02:25:14 PM »
I read the point about not doing FB but in this case you will have no choice as Raventhorpe run everything on it rather than use a website.

I don’t do FB in the sense that I do not do the social media nonsense like taking photos of me dinner or what I dropped in the toilet. But , I have an account, use it to follow all the manufacturers that interest me, run two wargames groups and sometimes argue with the odd Yank about some historical fact. There are advantages to using FB as it is  easier for traders/manufacturers to update and quicker to post a photo. They tend to ‘discuss’ more about what they are working on and sometimes you can influence that. That is deffo the case  with Raventhorpe as their group is thriving.

Otherwise, yep Facebook is a dark haven for those with personality disorders and other mental illness - a place for the narcissist to set fire to their tackle  , photo it and shout “Look at me!” 🤪

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 07:51:55 PM »
I don’t do FB in the sense that I do not do the social media nonsense like taking photos of me dinner or what I dropped in the toilet. But , I have an account, use it to follow all the manufacturers that interest me, run two wargames groups and sometimes argue with the odd Yank about some historical fact. There are advantages to using FB as it is  easier for traders/manufacturers to update and quicker to post a photo. They tend to ‘discuss’ more about what they are working on and sometimes you can influence that. That is deffo the case  with Raventhorpe as their group is thriving.

Otherwise, yep Facebook is a dark haven for those with personality disorders and other mental illness - a place for the narcissist to set fire to their tackle  , photo it and shout “Look at me!” 🤪
(Allegedly) in an attempt to deal with some of the unpleasant members, Facebook is trying to clampdown on the use of pseudonyms, which is fine if you are happy for future employers and co-workers to see your hobbies (or as noted above that you have inflammable tackle).

I assume that one of the appeals to manufacturers of using Facebook rather than other web methods is that Facebook handles all the technical stuff (if you want an example of other manufacturers use of a forum and the level of interaction try Rubicon).

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 10:21:04 PM »
i can understand if there is some need from miniature manufactures to speedy things trough FB..for example instead of updating a commecial site comunicate every new item and show greens trough FB....but except that i hope we still are remanain totally free from this invasive and unelegant Levianthan...Really cannot accept that if i want to let know nothing about me to the World i woul'dnt be absolutly free to do it...the very idea that everybody could reach everybody else in the World could be a  very good thing for some ones but also an invasive anti-elitarian rough way way of thinking from some others, like me for example, that has the cult of individualism  ;) :)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 11:10:50 PM »
Seeing as the subject of FB has come up I must add that I don't like it for personal reasons due to a very bad previous experience...that's my choice, if a company will only use that platform to sell then I guess that's my loss and theirs. I am not worried about it.

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 11:34:10 PM »
In the spirit of trying to help , I will see if I can download their up to date list for you and get it to you or on here? 👍

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 11:39:07 PM »
If you e mail me at sabotpsc@gmail.com I think I have it as a pdf. 👍

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »
Thanks Sabot, Oldgamer sent me the PDf yesterday.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
thanks to all...me too i received i'm now the proud owner of an interesting PDF list..the prices and choices are very good..form of payment less easy to undesrtand how.