Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689759
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 659
Total: 665

Recent

Author Topic: new range FFL and Tuaregs  (Read 4928 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Re: new range FFL and Tuaregs
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »
Tank Bong ..it was this very site that i saw and from which i detected the Warrior Tuareg/Arabs/FFL range...
as said before it's an interesting addition to the few ranges on this theme...the representation of Légionaires seem quite poor while the mounted tribesmen seem better..If the sample appearing on the pict represent the right rider for this camel is not well researched at all...as a Tuareg warrior, would have spent half his life over camels and so would have rode  in arab/north african fashion that is with crossed legs and not with open ones like the Europeans for example like  the British Camel Corps...on the other hand the addition of a spear scabbard and a typical Tuareg hide  shield are  nice additions ...in any case the rider could be used as horse mounted Tuaregs..Yes they existed and fought Vs French along the River Niger and in Timbouctou...even attacking and massacrating a full Tirailleurs Sénégalais column with a combined force of horse mounted Tuareg noble warriors suppported by foot slaves during a night attack on a sleeping French camp.
the only doubt to solve, at least for me before trying to buy some few ones, is the size and compability of those minis but we wait will Vodkafan that kindly told us that he will hand in the future the whole range and let us know.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:36:44 PM by italwars »

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
Back from holidays so I will phone up Warrior tomorrow morning and get them ordered. That's the quickest and easiest way for this company. We will have answers soon!
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 11:18:56 AM »
Whole range now ordered!

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 01:28:53 PM »
Thanks to have informeren us
Really curious to discover it

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »
John at Warrior was asking me if I had a game planned. I told him that a lot of people don't know about this range so he might get some other orders if they are OK.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 12:54:17 PM »
The figures arrived  :o
What can I say? In all honesty they are OK but not fantastic.  I would compare them in size and quality to Essex Miniatures. The FFL are consistently 25mm TO THE EYE across the range which makes them 28mm-29mm TO TOP OF HEAD (depending on headgear).  I would class these as SMALL compared to modern ranges. Detail is adequate but not pin sharp. Poses are good in my opinion but some of the figures are a little flat front to back. I would replace the horse.
Apologies for my crap photography

The dismounted

MG and mounted officer

The all important comparison pic: Lto R: Redoubt, Warrior, Old Glory, Falcon/Minifigs

On to the Arabs: I have nothing to compare these with and don't know enough to comment on the accuracy of clothing etc.

Riders (some cast on)

The Camel chaps

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
on the arabs, still the same mistake, in North Africa, everybody ride camels with crossed legs :

even French officers  ;)

a camel is not a horse ...
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »
Yes only one of the camel riders has crossed legs.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 04:44:09 PM »
Thanks Vodafkan you ve a great service in posting picts
My first impressions : they seem small but some of the legionaries (the standing one and the bugler) seem bigger isn’t it?
Some interesting poses for the Arabs fir example the lying one and the kneeling with rifle resting.
About the camels warriors which is the one with rightly positioned legs that is crossed ones..which code pleases ?

Thangs again

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »
Thanks Vodafkan you ve a great service in posting picts
My first impressions : they seem small but some of the legionaries (the standing one and the bugler) seem bigger isn’t it?
Some interesting poses for the Arabs fir example the lying one and the kneeling with rifle resting.
About the camels warriors which is the one with rightly positioned legs that is crossed ones..which code pleases ?

Thangs again

The bugler is indeed the biggest one, he is 29mm and the officer next to him is the smallest at about 27mm. But they all measure 25mm at the eye. I guess I should have lined up the bases a bit better.
About the Camel Riders- oops sorry I took them all out of the labeled poly bags to take the pics so I don't know which codes are which now.
Wait,  Hold the bus!   :o I just tried to check with the listing and found something very odd!  :o
I told the guy on the phone I wanted one of each casting.
The listing has 10 dismounted arabs, 5 horsed arabs and only 2 camel riders .
BUT I received 11 dismounted, 6 horsed and 3 camel riders, as pictured, all different!

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »
Thanks Vodafkan you be been very lind to order those minis at show us picts👍🏻

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 06:16:10 PM »
No problem; I was curious about them for a while, they were on my list to buy eventually.