Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Beau Geste in 1/72nd scale from Italeri  (Read 5544 times)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: Beau Geste in 1/72nd scale from Italeri
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 05:46:32 PM »
My dear Cub's,

Wine and NICE girls, do not a worthy memoir write.. Nice wine and bad girls when remembered make for grin that your Mrs' can never quite place ;)

MrsCub is a bad girl. Molto cativo.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 06:45:10 PM »
Probably it s you that could be depressed for a football match..typical of uneducated populace..not me because i enjoy, contrary to you, more elitarian hobbies

Yes indeed, absolutely, signor. (or is it dottore?) I'm an uncultured oaf, incapable of appreciating the higher forms of art.

Back to Italeri, however: I note that the current boxing of the FFL's opponents styles them 'Arab warriors', though the Tuareg, at least, are Berber. I can only assume they have some  uneducated Brits doing their research.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »
I m sorry really have no time to teach you anything about saharian populations ..but you can drink your hot beer and see on TV fantastic matches involving charming teams like Millwall

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 05:33:40 PM »
So you're claiming the Tuareg are in fact arab rather than berber? No doubt the distinction is beyond my comprehension.

Actually I don't have a TV. It's much too high brow for me.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »
i do not claim anything...as explained before my thought is that this box is simply plastic rubish..i refer to the "Muslim Warriors"....single efeminate pose of a Tuareg with a wrong sword..and a pair of guys similar to eunuchs..but the most absurd/amusing is the kneeling firing guy if it was'nt for the brandished rifle it could be used in a diorama depicting an Hamam scene...anyway i used some of them as filling gaps in my "bad boys" armies....
on the other hand, in the past, i underlined that even the idea of fielding, in a wargame tabletop, Tuaregs minis Vs Légionaires is historically almost ridicolous..no Legionaire even saw a Tuareg ..the ennemies of Tuaregs where the Méharistes, Tirailleurs Sénégalais in Niger and , in a single occasion , Camel mounted and hastly trained Tirailleurs sahariens (former turcos) is like if you pretend to have a battle between Vikings and Palmirians....my topic was nt succesful..but i understand is a very out of the beaten path wargame period...but your provocation is almost sterile..com on you can do better! lol lol lol lol
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:00:56 PM by italwars »

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »

FWIW, I was sceptical of the FFL / Tuareg connection, but not sure enough to ridicule it. For that, a true professore is required, and you have filled the bill more than amply.

As for my 'provocation', I agree. Just wait - nothing off the cuff next time, I promise you!

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 04:15:01 PM »
Got it: Remember Taranto!

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 04:44:15 PM »
Taranto??? Yes I ve been good restaurants to have fish dishes
Have you been to Berbera or Singapore?
I m not a professor I’m not even sure, from your nick name, if your are really a man or you re wearing a checkered skirt?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 05:28:24 PM »
I think that's quite enough, gentlemen.

This conversation is serving no purpose beyond winding each other up.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...