Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Goblin Factory, Heavy Armored Goblins  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
28mm Goblin Factory, Heavy Armored Goblins
« on: August 05, 2018, 09:49:12 PM »
I finally got around to finishing the Heavy Armored ones. You've probably see the command before, but here's the main force in toto:

As usual, many, many more shots, painting notes and commentary here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/2018/08/28mm-goblin-factory-heavy-armored.html

I really do prefer my goblins like this – lightly equipped, random bits of rusty, dilapidated armor, but still dangerous. The other types in this range are even less equipped than these. In fact, I have around 160 Goblin Factory with no duplicates at all – wonderful!

Sad that these are mostly unavailable though I know Slave2GAming.com has some, but not all? of the range. Happy to be corrected here.

Comments, questions?
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline Brandlin

• Mad Scientist
    • Brandlin
Re: 28mm Goblin Factory, Heavy Armored Goblins
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 10:57:23 PM »
I love these.

I spent a lot of time a few years back trying to contact Goblin Factory for a BIG order. I wanted at least a couple of hundred figures to act as Goblin Rabble (lesser goblins) for my Huge Grenadier Orc and Goblin army in Fantasy Warriors. Goblin rabble are fielded in 40-50 figure blocks and i wanted a lot to go with the 500 plus orcs and goblins i have.

No one answered email or even the phone for several months. So I gave up!

I think this range had the ideal simple, horde-like view of small goblins. There is a classic old 70's ral partha style about them. Wish I had been able to give them a load of money - their loss though.

I love the simple style of your painting on them!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:08:11 PM by Brandlin »

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 01:28:27 PM »
Thanks - ya I think they are my favorite goblin range. I was looking over the chain and unarmored ones yesterday, deciding if I should do those next and there are so many spirited and animated poses. Really nice work from Broadbent.

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
Love the figures and have a bunch of them. I am now thinking I could use some more.

Offline Brandlin

• Mad Scientist
    • Brandlin
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
flashman 14 - do you know if the remainder of the range will be available anytime?

Online Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
These are great! Terrific work on the banners, too.

What a brilliant range of miniatures - and I see that Slave2Gaming sells the Goblin Factory kobolds too. They're also excellent.

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 06:02:32 PM »
@ Brandlin, I don't unfortunately.  Mike Broadbent might know - or even the folks at http://slave2gaming.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Offline Brandlin

• Mad Scientist
    • Brandlin
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 01:55:46 AM »
@ Brandlin, I don't unfortunately.  Mike Broadbent might know - or even the folks at http://slave2gaming.com/index.php?route=information/contact

yeah, i have enquired - no answers yet