Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 12:54:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Goblin Factory, Heavy Armored Goblins  (Read 590 times)

Offline Flashman14

• librarian
    • One of My Men Became Restless
28mm Goblin Factory, Heavy Armored Goblins
« on: August 05, 2018, 10:49:12 PM »
I finally got around to finishing the Heavy Armored ones. You've probably see the command before, but here's the main force in toto:

As usual, many, many more shots, painting notes and commentary here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/2018/08/28mm-goblin-factory-heavy-armored.html

I really do prefer my goblins like this lightly equipped, random bits of rusty, dilapidated armor, but still dangerous. The other types in this range are even less equipped than these. In fact, I have around 160 Goblin Factory with no duplicates at all wonderful!

Sad that these are mostly unavailable though I know Slave2GAming.com has some, but not all? of the range. Happy to be corrected here.

Comments, questions?
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Online Brandlin

• mad scientist
    • Brandlin
Re: 28mm Goblin Factory, Heavy Armored Goblins
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 11:57:23 PM »
I love these.

I spent a lot of time a few years back trying to contact Goblin Factory for a BIG order. I wanted at least a couple of hundred figures to act as Goblin Rabble (lesser goblins) for my Huge Grenadier Orc and Goblin army in Fantasy Warriors. Goblin rabble are fielded in 40-50 figure blocks and i wanted a lot to go with the 500 plus orcs and goblins i have.

No one answered email or even the phone for several months. So I gave up!

I think this range had the ideal simple, horde-like view of small goblins. There is a classic old 70's ral partha style about them. Wish I had been able to give them a load of money - their loss though.

I love the simple style of your painting on them!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:08:11 AM by Brandlin »
Brandlin - where inspired wargaming and modeling projects come to procrastinate.

Offline Flashman14

• librarian
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:28:27 PM »
Thanks - ya I think they are my favorite goblin range. I was looking over the chain and unarmored ones yesterday, deciding if I should do those next and there are so many spirited and animated poses. Really nice work from Broadbent.

Offline Inkpaduta

• scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 06:06:58 PM »
Love the figures and have a bunch of them. I am now thinking I could use some more.

Online Brandlin

• mad scientist
    • Brandlin
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:38:28 PM »
flashman 14 - do you know if the remainder of the range will be available anytime?

Online Hobgoblin

• scatterbrained genius
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »
These are great! Terrific work on the banners, too.

What a brilliant range of miniatures - and I see that Slave2Gaming sells the Goblin Factory kobolds too. They're also excellent.

Offline Flashman14

• librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »
@ Brandlin, I don't unfortunately.  Mike Broadbent might know - or even the folks at http://slave2gaming.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Online Brandlin

• mad scientist
    • Brandlin
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 02:55:46 AM »
@ Brandlin, I don't unfortunately.  Mike Broadbent might know - or even the folks at http://slave2gaming.com/index.php?route=information/contact

yeah, i have enquired - no answers yet