Forum > Age of the Big Battalions

1/72 Frenchies

(1/4) > >>

ColonelMutumbu:
I have just picked up some Italeri 1/72 French Cav from their waterloo 200 line to see how I like 1/72 scale wargames and these particular models are a strange plastic that doesn't seem to react with standard Revell contacta plastic glue that I use.(the blue and yellow bottle one). Anyone have experience with this range and what glue would work best? super glue doesn't seem to be doing its thing as well I would expect either.

Baron von Wreckedoften:
Did you remember to wash the figures first in a solution of warm, soapy water?  This removes any grease and release agent (from the mould), which could stop the glue from working.

fairoaks024:
They are made from PVC so glue for polystyrene won't work.

Superglue works, even better if you can pin the riders to the horses and then superglue.

ColonelMutumbu:
They have definitely been washed yes, super glue is working ok for now but I might have to sniff around the local hobby shop and see if they have anything for PVC if such a thing exists.

Anyway here is Frenchy no:1 I have no idea how I'm going to base them, but I'm pretty pleased with the result so far.

Now I just need to work out what rules I am going to use if I ever play so I can work out basing accordingly

vtsaogames:
Very nice painting.

I have used the "miracle dip" on 1/72 plastic in the past and haven't had any paint flake off after extended use. The "dip" is Minwax wood stain and polyurethane. It also shades and outlines (and darkens). Use in a well ventilated area. It eats brushes, so use cheap ones. Unless you wish to actually dip the figures into the open can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version