Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690324
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Roman Auxiliary Cavalry  (Read 1248 times)

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Roman Auxiliary Cavalry
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:23:50 AM »
The latest addition to the Roman collection includes this unit of auxiliary cavalry

If you would like to know more then just follow the link to JJ's

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2018/08/roman-auxiliary-cavalry.html

Jonathan (JJ)
Often it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all possible doubt.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
Re: Roman Auxiliary Cavalry
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:38:39 AM »
Beautiful unit and photography, Jon.

May I ask how you found the models scale to other ranges? Selfishly, I'm wondering what the scale's like in comparison to Victrix's plastics (who have their own cavalry coming out, but nevertheless it helps to know). Curious if the same scale issues that plague the infantry also affect the cavalry.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Re: Roman Auxiliary Cavalry
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »
Thank you.

The question of scale between Victrix and Warlord is becoming a bit of a theme from other posts and I would say that the Warlord range are not standard in size themselves. That said I find their range with the exception of the auxiliary infantry slightly smaller compared to the Victrix legionaries.

This appears less so with the cavalry, but of course I will gave a better idea when the Vixtrix EIR cavalry are released, hopefully next month.

I don't find the Warlord range distracting to the eye next to my Victrix, but as the saying goes "Beauty is in the eye......"

I aim to run my first game with the collection this weekend at the Devon Wargames Group, so aim to put up some pictures of the units on table which might give you a better idea.

Hope that helps

JJ