Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: Pulp Alley: Tomb of the Serpent - ongoing campaign - U/D Oct 10th lucky find  (Read 5615 times)

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
  • Pulp Alley Phantom Agent
    • Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer
Okay, some more pics. :)

All of these will be from the current TOS campaign. Hopefully few repeats from any other post.
Still plan to do some more AAR, so for now some images from chapter 1.

Up first some pics from The Side Show of Terror. Some are pregame pictures when trying to figure out the set up, others are in game.

The tents are round boxes with printed tent images wrapped around them. Originally I was going to just use the paper tens as they had been printed, but by lucky happenstance it worked out that the tents were the same size as the boxes, so I inserted the boxes and wound up with a more substantial bit of scenery that could withstand the rigors of gaming. I left the tent tops separate from the base so that they could be removed for easy access to the inside. Foolishly I tried to attach the roofs to the box lids, it did not work so well. In the end it was easier just to perch the tent tops on the boxes.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:11:17 PM by Menelduir »
For more gaming stuff feel free to check out my blogs:
General blog: Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer @ http://menelduir.blogspot.ca/
Painting/building blog @ https://menelduirspainting.blogspot.com/
VSF related blog @ https://vsfadventuresofmenelduir.blogspot.com/

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
Thought I would share some of the 140+ figures painted up for this campaign. Most were newly painted for this campaign, some had been partially painted before, and some needed retouching (and judging by the pictures I missed a few) Some of them were only used for one game, and some like the boom bot (silent running droids) were painted just in case we needed something to go boom.

Certainly don't need this number of figures to play the campaign, but it does help when your group plays 2-3 games at the same time! Only 1 of the 4-5 players had a painted league of their own so I did have to prep figures for the other leagues. In what I suspect was an effort to drive me around the bend two players decided to have fully mounted leagues, so double the number of figures had to be painted. ;D

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 03:50:51 AM by Menelduir »

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
Now that is commitment.

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
fantastic stuff

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
A red letter day in our TOS campaign, after 5 attempts by one of our regulars, he has finally completed the Cairo Caper episode! Sadly as this was our 5th kick at the can, we did not fully document the game, big mistake. The player controlling the servants decided to have a bit of fun with them, once they appeared on the table of course.

In the past it could be argued that card play had been the undoing of our hero, this time he was the instrument of his own doom when he chose to use SHOOT to resolve a 'use any skill' peril.
It was turn 3 he had been on track so far, having achieved the first two plot points. Now however he was down to his last figure to try and complete the third plot point. Not only did he use SHOOT, but he also failed the challenge, either one of these would and did trigger the alarm and brought out the servants.

Out came the servants, 3 insane mobs, 4 abominations, 1 Faceless, and 1 serpent priest. It could and should have been his doom, but, thankfully, the servants player decided to have some fun having the mobs operate in an erratic manner, two of them trying to board a bus, while the third mob looked to board a boat. One of the abominations went after a riderless horse, and the faceless one decided to jump start a car the player always likes to use any vehicles that appear on a gaming table. The car in this case just happened to have a plot point! Even with this chaos of activity the servants still did try to stymie the efforts of the hero and, in the end, it came down to the last action of the only character that could act to achieve the plot point. She did iy, and we will never have to play this scenario again.  :)

Now of course if the faceless one had driven the car in reverse instead of driving forward and slamming into the bus, the hero would not have been in range of the final plot point, and would not have completed the game.

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
Re: Pulp Alley: Tomb of the Serpent - ongoing campaign - U/D Oct 3
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 02:53:27 AM »
Extra extra read all about it!
Actually not that much to read but I will post up more stuff of some of our recent games.
Bottom line we have finished our third Pulp Alley campaign. Will start to gear up for Lemuria in the new year, but in the meantime we  plan to visit some other location, now just where will we be going...

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Pulp Alley: Tomb of the Serpent - ongoing campaign - U/D Oct 3rd
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 04:29:01 AM »
Holy shit that Venice board.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 07:11:34 AM »
Thats quite a commitment. I'd have to sell a kidney. I think it looks quiet serviceable in the raw mdf. Although I am intrigued to see how long it takes to paint.

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »
Thats quite a commitment. I'd have to sell a kidney. I think it looks quiet serviceable in the raw mdf. Although I am intrigued to see how long it takes to paint.

So am I...

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 03:03:50 PM »
Wow! Looks amazing.

Also -- I think your new terrain could even be used for some Lemuria scenarios!  ;)

THANKS for playing and sharing Pulp Alley.  :D

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2018, 03:28:42 PM »
Beautiful collection and terrain!

Offline Andy in Germany

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »
Holy shit that Venice board.

My thoughts exactly on seeing it first time. That's a stunning piece of scenery.

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
Re: Pulp Alley: Tomb of the Serpent - ongoing campaign - U/D Oct 10th
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 03:37:11 AM »
Maybe after Venice my group will return to the Americas...

Made a lucky find at a local second hand store some old Indiana Jones toys. They should work fine for a temple adventure.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Damn! Those are great!

Offline Andy in Germany

• Scientist
Lovely models.

Never has "It's behind you" seemed more appropriate...