Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686651
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 800
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: a UPS Canada rant  (Read 4291 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
a UPS Canada rant
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:05:18 PM »
I’ve recently made an order to Warlords Games for a dozen inter-war/early WWII vehicles for a painting commission. The ordering process go smoothly, and the models were put in the mail the following day (or maybe even the same day). So far everything is perfect. The models are reasonably priced, the service offered by Warlords is top notch but, then come the downside… I got an email from UPS telling me that THEY are the delivery company that will send me the package. WHAT! UPS!!! They are absolutely THE WORSE Courier Company I ever had the (dis)pleasure to do business with…

I’ve send an email right away at Warlords. Only then did I discover that parcels sent to USA or Canada and which are over a certain value, are always sent via UPS…

If I knew before hand, I will never have ordered from Warlords directly. I will have try to find a “local” distributor instead.

UPS, has an AWFUL service… the problem is, that I have a very difficult time getting stuff from them… They have a tendency of not delivering orders because they “can't find my address” or that “the address [I’m] using doesn’t exist”, etc. All that despite the fact that I’m always using the same delivery address and that I don’t have any problem with other company (Poste Canada, Purolator, FedEx). They also have a tendency to charge ridiculous amount of “brokerage fees”. They also outright lie to you, telling you that they’ve made “several” delivery attempts on such and such days and that “nobody’s was home to receive the package”. This is despite the fact that I’ve missed hours of work just to be there when they are supposed to deliver the goods…

I'm normally a very patient person, but, UPS ways of doing business make me want to punch someone in the face. One thing is for sure, UPS isn’t the best delivery service in "our neck of the woods"…  >:(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:49:38 PM by Calimero »
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Why I won’t ever order from Warlords Games again… unless
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:50:43 PM »
And the problem is ?
Are you blaming Warlord using UPS ???
I dont get it.
If Warlord Games did nothing wrong I think it is not fair to mix that up with UPS delivery.
I once had a problem with ordering from Australia. Shipping to Germany was always via a certain company which led to extra costs or no delivery to our house and return to sender.
I wrote an email to the seller telling the problem and they fully understood me not to take the delivery. I asked for a new order and new delivery with a certain mail and they did as I asked for. Tada !
, ,

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 04:26:53 PM »

Well maybe my post wasn’t clear… my problem isn’t with Warlords per say, they do a fantastic job… my problem is with the fact that they use UPS for delivery. They don’t specified which company will do the delivery when you order and that can be (is) a problem… at least where I live.

I wish I had knew beforehand has I would not have ordered directly from Warlords in the UK but rather try to find a “local” retailer.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:46:50 PM by Calimero »

Offline Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
We get regular deliveries by UPS and have had no problems - but I'm in the U.K.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 05:57:25 PM »
I think there seems to be a huge difference in the performance of UPS in the UK and in the US.

UPS in the UK is regarded as one of the better courier companies. At work I used to use UPS and they were streets ahead of all the others we used - but were more expensive.

But from comments in forums it does seem that UPS in the US are rather less good.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 06:14:01 PM »
I think rather this should have been a rant against UPS rather than Warlord. The title feels a bit misleading.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »

I’m located in Canada. Around here they are simply awful, I don’t know for other part of Canada. I’ve seen some disturbing video on youtube showing some “delivery” of parcel from UPS but, I think they were mainly from France…

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »
I think rather this should have been a rant against UPS rather than Warlord. The title feels a bit misleading.

lol you're right! I've change the title...

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: a UPS Canada rant
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
I also live in Canada and have to agree with Calimero. Several parcels from Warlord Games went missing, or were severely damaged by UPS. Warlord Games always re-sent the parcels, which is great of them, but Warlord Games shouldn't be eating the cost, UPS should be picking up the tab for the missing or damaged items. Once I had a cigarette butt burn through the parcel and damage figures inside. Melted the sprue inside the box. Another time my package was so severely damaged that all the items were ruined and some had fallen out of a giant hole in the box. I took pictures of both incidents and sent it to Warlord Games so that they could pursue reimbursement from UPS.

A friend of mine has video surveillance cameras on his front porch and it caught the UPS guy throwing his package over his white picket fence and shrubs onto the porch and then run off. Unfortunately it wasn't plastic or metal miniatures, it was a glass vase that he had purchased as a gift for his wife. Needless to say, it was in many, many pieces after the 25  foot throw.

Anyways, Calimero, good luck to you and keep us up to date on its progress.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »
I always ask for regular post.

UPS I fully agree is literally the worst in Canada.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Dan55

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:46 AM »
I find nothing wrong with the OP.  I refuse to accept UPS shipping.  If I found out a company intended to send me UPS without telling me, I would cancel the order.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »

After many emails back and forth with UPS, I should be able to get my package Friday afternoon. I just need to go to the city’s quartier industriel, by bus (because I don’t own a car) and miss yet more hours at work…

P.S. All emails where in English because UPS Canada takes forever to find someone that can write in French and, sometime, didn’t even bother to reply to French email

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »
I'm also in Canada. I must admit for Warlord and several other companies I find it better and easier to find and pay for the shipping from european sides of their orgs than the US one.

Issues with UPS shipping plus the much higher likelihood of import charges now from the US mean the EU is often a better deal.
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 01:50:33 PM »
I've found posting anything via any means to Canada an absolute nightmare, nine weeks for airmail? Do one...  :o

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 02:42:12 PM »
I've found posting anything via any means to Canada an absolute nightmare, nine weeks for airmail? Do one...  :o

That's probably another story of a parcel that "slept" for several days in the custom facility warehouse... it happens sometime. Its part of the things that are annoying but can dealt with if you are prepared to and make your orders taking into account that long delays are a possibility. Parcels from Front Rank, for example, used to take less than 7 days to get from UK to Canada, now it takes around 2 to 3 weeks… :?