Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Super Mission Force Extension!  (Read 6587 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: Super Mission Force Extension!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 08:23:58 PM »
Tough is now a minor power available to be added in to any archetype. I just threw it into Archer for now because I was not quite sure I wanted Resistance as an option for it.

I am open to other thoughts, but seeing Archers are already super-versatile, I am not sure their hurting too much by not having a different power in there.
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 06:37:47 AM »
Hi Scott, that clears things up so thanks for that. :)

Will there be a replacement for Tough in the Boost options or are Clever and fast also going into the general Minor Powers pool?
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:23 PM »
Will there be a replacement for Tough in the Boost options or are Clever and fast also going into the general Minor Powers pool?

Aren't boosts already pretty much minor powers as they occupy the same slots? I assumed the only difference is that boosts are by definition universally available.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 12:51:07 AM »
Aren't boosts already pretty much minor powers as they occupy the same slots? I assumed the only difference is that boosts are by definition universally available.

All three boosts are now just minor powers that can be swapped into any Archetype's choices.  Their text will note this, just like Amphibious.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 10:54:21 AM »
All three boosts are now just minor powers that can be swapped into any Archetype's choices.  Their text will note this, just like Amphibious.

Makes sense, they were pretty much identical in how they were applied. Maybe in future editions separate them out as Universal Minor Powers or something? Just so there's an easy way to see what's available rather than reading through every power to see which might be open to all archetypes.

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 06:50:19 PM »
Hey, folks! We've collectively played a bunch of games of SMF games since we released in 2017. In that time Rusti, Kim, and others have made some pretty cool suggestions to add to and improve the game.

I've collected those ideas, and some of my own, into a new document to go along with the base rules. I'm calling it the Super Mission Force Extension! This stuff will eventually make it into a 2nd edition of the game, but in the meantime, we want you folks to try it out and give us some feedback!

Here's the link:

https://app.box.com/s/3pha8lv8eg9trbcjc090ht8f9p84p4l7

Thanks and let us know what you think!

Scott,
  Imagine my joy when returning to the LAF from a simply awesome summer break only to find NEW rules for SMF!  Fantastic!  I've already downloaded and read through the extension file you linked (above).  I like the Archer change though I'm sure you wrestled with moving the Archer out of the Blaster archetype.  While the archer IS a blaster archetype descriptively, I agree that *functionally* it should have its own archetype.  Speaking of which, you've done a remarkable job in encapsulating the descriptive super hero archtypes and also making them FUNCTION in the game as such.  Not an easy task. 
  Question about the Swing Line maneuver.  Have you thought about including this also as a Wildcard maneuver (removing the word "arrow" of course)?  Or perhaps including it as a recharge-able element of the Gadgets minor power?  Looking forward to the revised rules set. 

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 06:56:34 PM »
This one's from Leon Mallet and is going right into future versions of the SMF rules!

Paralysis (minor)
You can paralyze foes with a ranged attack up to 10” away. Make a 5D Psyche-based paralysis attack that does no damage. On a success,your foe is entrapped by your power, and cannot move or make Body based melee and ranged attacks. Foes gain +1D on Body damaging attacks against him while entrapped. He cannot use move actions while paralyzed, but can use a special action to make a 4D breakout attempt (or use his Psyche Attack dice pool if it's higher). Make the attempt against a TN of 1 + the goal difference on the paralyze attack. The attacker can also spend a free action to simply release the target. If you paralyze a flying target he falls. You may paralyze only one target at any time - using Paralysis on a new target automatically releases a previous target still paralyzed from this Attacker.

Thanks, Leon!

Good one Leon!  This has potentially broad functional application to emulate all sorts of 'denial' powers. 

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 05:56:55 PM »
Some great updates and ideas here!  Looking forward to the official update, it's a great game already and can only get better :)

I have a quick question regarding Sidekicks (Which I may have overlooked): Do they get 4D Atk/Def, etc? Do they act on the same initiative as the character with the Sidekick skill?

Thanks.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 11:23:19 PM »
Some great updates and ideas here!  Looking forward to the official update, it's a great game already and can only get better :)

I have a quick question regarding Sidekicks (Which I may have overlooked): Do they get 4D Atk/Def, etc? Do they act on the same initiative as the character with the Sidekick skill?

Thanks.

Thanks!

On the Sidekick, yes, he / she gets 4D on Attack / Defense dice pools. Also, the Sidekicks is a team member, so they get their own initiative turn or card (if using card based initiative).

Hope this helps!

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 11:17:25 PM »
Scott,
  Question about the Swing Line maneuver.  Have you thought about including this also as a Wildcard maneuver (removing the word "arrow" of course)?  Or perhaps including it as a recharge-able element of the Gadgets minor power?  Looking forward to the revised rules set. 

I may have overlooked this in the SMF rules.  I was looking for a power that behaved like the new swing line maneuver but without the additional powers included in Super Agility.  Kind of like Batman's "bat-grapple" gizmo.  Or is this ability assumed in the dice bonus included in the Gadgets power?

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2018, 06:25:49 AM »
I may have overlooked this in the SMF rules.  I was looking for a power that behaved like the new swing line maneuver but without the additional powers included in Super Agility.  Kind of like Batman's "bat-grapple" gizmo.  Or is this ability assumed in the dice bonus included in the Gadgets power?

X-Factor Swing Line covers this; I had a similar need for a character of my own.

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
X-Factor Swing Line covers this; I had a similar need for a character of my own.

That's one solution.  After giving it some thought since posting this originally, I have opted to 'house rule' swing line as a wildcard maneuver.  Scott can write whatever he wants. lol

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 02:27:30 AM »
That's one solution.  After giving it some thought since posting this originally, I have opted to 'house rule' swing line as a wildcard maneuver.  Scott can write whatever he wants. lol

I did add Swing Line to the Wildcard's maneuvers! How's that for service?  ;)

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 03:22:23 AM »
Scott,
  That is cause you are the MAN!  I can't tell you how much I enjoy SMF.  Can't wait to purchase the new version. 

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 08:23:27 PM »
Scott,
  That is cause you are the MAN!  I can't tell you how much I enjoy SMF.  Can't wait to purchase the new version.

Thanks! It'll be a little while, but in the meantime we'll keep kicking the tires on the current rules and the extension and making improvements.