Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:18:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690463
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Question(s) about new warlord games Desert Rats  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: Question(s) about new warlord games Desert Rats
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 06:49:24 PM »
I think it's the colour balance too, nowhere near red enough for Brits exposed to the Sun.

'Lobster Red' is the right shade, the pic shows more of a Barbie Pink; a matter of 20 minutes on Blackpool Beach produces the colour shown in the photo. With three full days sail from Gib to Port Suez alone, they would be much redder.

;)

Offline Jamiethesalmon

• Schoolboy
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 08:14:13 PM »
And you know because...? No offense, but afaik they’re not released yet, thus I‘d really like to know your surce. To me they look rather squattish and painted like Brits on hols on Cypres 😉

It was me that painted them, fur brown, tanned flesh and sunny skin tone were used, my grandfather served in the Leicestershire Regt and fought at Tobruk he was my source plus the uniforms are a lot paler than the picture suggests

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 09:07:46 PM »
It was me that painted them, fur brown, tanned flesh and sunny skin tone were used, my grandfather served in the Leicestershire Regt and fought at Tobruk he was my source plus the uniforms are a lot paler than the picture suggests

Ah, ok! Do you maybe have some other pictures from different angles or the like? It’s a shame WG seem to be incapable of taking decent photos of their stuff... if I was the painter I‘d be a little upset if my work was displayed in that way.

@Arlequín: Fair enough  ;)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »
I genuinely think whoever does the photos or makes the decisions at Warlord has some sort of colour blindness, because they keep doing that with their pictures, cranking up the contrast and colours so they look almost fluorescent.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Jamiethesalmon

• Schoolboy
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 09:36:16 PM »
I genuinely think whoever does the photos or makes the decisions at Warlord has some sort of colour blindness, because they keep doing that with their pictures, cranking up the contrast and colours so they look almost fluorescent.

I couldn’t possibly comment...(you are bang on) it’s something i mention all the time but to be honest I’m far too busy

Offline Jamiethesalmon

• Schoolboy
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2018, 09:39:04 PM »
Ah, ok! Do you maybe have some other pictures from different angles or the like? It’s a shame WG seem to be incapable of taking decent photos of their stuff... if I was the painter I‘d be a little upset if my work was displayed in that way.

@Arlequín: Fair enough  ;)

I will see what I can do, wargames illustrated have them at the moment and dan has been known to take a good photo

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »
Very 'nineties/turn of the century Great Womble...

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 11:24:24 PM »

Aha, that would explain why there is that peculiar greenish tinge to everything and the flesh looks like they were all dipped  in a bath of scalding water.