Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690454
  • Total Topics: 118331
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America Fluff Questions  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Fango

• Lurker
Dracula's America Fluff Questions
« on: August 10, 2018, 08:15:34 PM »
Hey there, I just heard about your forum over on Facebook, and discovered Dracula's America through Ash Barker on his Guerrilla Miniature Games Youtube channel. I registered yesterday, and this is my first post!

I don't have any specific questions yet, other than: Where can I find more fiction written for this game? If there is no official fiction available, is there any in the works? If there is no official fiction planned...first of all, why not!? Second, is there any fan fiction posted that I can check out?

I asked this question on the DA facebook group page and a couple of kindhearted folks pointed me here suggesting that the game creator visited and commented here and may be able to enlighten me.

Am I the only one itching to get more immersed in this alt history/gothic horror world?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
Re: Dracula's America Fluff Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 06:41:36 AM »
Welcome, Fango; Jonathan here- you found me!  8) I'm not very 'techy' and don't have a Facebook page, so apologies for the run-around...

There is no 'official' Drac.Am fiction, and (as far as I know- the good folks at Osprey might be able to shed more light for you) nothing in the works as yet, though I'd love to see it! I have a whole file of notes at home, and much (but not all) of it has made it into the three books in abridged form.
I do also have an entire section dealing with the origins of vampirism and Dracula himself (it gets pretty Biblical), along with the aftermath of the events of Forbidden Power in America (and a couple of hints on how the rest of the world- particularly the Vatican- feels about the situation!)- these will hopefully see the light of day via Osprey's Website in the future...

Fan Fiction would be great to see- I deliberately tried to only 'sketch-out' the setting and leave plenty of openings for people to come up with their own stories or create alternate versions of historical events!

Hope that helps,
J.
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 04:01:34 PM »
In future it'd be interesting to see how draculas america interacts with the rest of the world, history wise I think that the Belgian congo (which historically depended on getting american recognition in its formative years) might have happened slightly sooner (I could imagine Leopold being blighter enough to make some type of deal with Dracula).

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »
Liberia could be also pretty interesting area.

Although my personal favorite would be Fortress Washington with its dark streets, factories, high rank vampires, numerous guards and sneaky missions :o

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 06:51:09 AM »
@Kommando_J: I freely admit that my knowledge of world events during the 1800s is pretty limited beyond the Civil War and the 'Old West'- but there's nothing to stop you taking the DA alternative history wherever you like- in fact, I'd love to see what you come up with (and I always welcome learning more about a period)! Here are a few starting points:

1) There are still vampires in the rest of the world- perhaps old rivals or servants of Dracula, and the outcast Severed Clans. Now he's 'busy' in America, they will be expanding their own interests!
Meanwhile, the misguided human members of the Cult of Lilith continue their long, worldwide search for the Spear of Destiny, said to have once been wielded by the Mother of Vampires herself.

2) Likewise, there are still chapters of the Twilight Order based in the Old World. They have an uneasy alliance with the Vatican, and indeed have often been forced to work more closely with the Pope's so-called 'Helsing Agency'- officially sanctioned supernatural investigators and priestly monster-hunters, named after an ancestor of our good friend Abraham.

3) The Eldritch Incursion and Plague of Madness did not only affect America... Various Mythos cults have resurfaced, and the remnants of the old Sisterhood bloodlines still in Europe have begun to awaken in response.

@Paboook: Keep your eyes peeled, my friend- all being well, rules for an urban setting will be on their way in the future... While not directly themed to Fortress Washington itself, hopefully you will find some stuff of interest!

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 08:39:35 PM »
@Paboook: Keep your eyes peeled, my friend- all being well, rules for an urban setting will be on their way in the future... While not directly themed to Fortress Washington itself, hopefully you will find some stuff of interest!

:-*