Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: YPU prints epic Eldar Pohenix p5  (Read 12155 times)

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: YPU prints epic
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 09:35:10 PM »
Green and Yellow is a good scheme. Painting camo on epic models can be fairly quick, I did a grey and green scheme for my squats and it was pretty quick to add the green camo over the grey basecoat. I think you are right to brighten up the sand to be a bit more yellow.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 01:27:59 PM »
For today’s progress (and its coming daily, tomorrows stuff is already printing) we have 3 hellhounds fresh of the priming, and the first camo scheme test! I’m trying to go classic IG camo scheme on these, I quite like the result, it's a bit involved to be doing 30-40 tanks in but let's see how far I get with batch painting these.

3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »
Like the yellow and green. Not sure about the black lining at this scale, it looks a bit thick. I've done it on French WWII tanks in 10mm, but on 6mm I'm not so sure.

I meant to ask earlier, what 3D printer are you using? You seem to be getting some very smooth prints.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »
I get what you mean, though I did them last and definitely feel they add something to it. I found some pictures of older 40k models from he that had lines a centimetre wide. That of course doesn't make it better looking at 6mm

My printer is a form 1+ older but it works for now.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »
Something tank company shaped is coming this way I think, but for today I have something that provides a bit of reach.

Reach out and etc...

The barrels on these are just wedged in there since I am planning to make a medusa variant barrel soon.

I’m also testing an infantry autocannon design right now, so I can re-base my infantry with a bit more accurate weaponry. Especially for support squads, this should get me a long way I think, using the leftover engineer and spotter models I still have.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »
Great little thread  8)

I prefer the green/sand colour in the Russ picture though.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 08:36:35 PM »
I prefer the green/sand colour in the Russ picture though.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I just did 7 chimera in that scheme and I'm not going back now :p

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »
Fair enough  lol

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »
Nice and bright is good for epic!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »
Talking about nice and bright here they are:

Can't say I immensely enjoy army painting half a dozen IFV's like this but they be done. Though I do now realize I will probably need 3 more to transport the support squads and snipers I would like to attach to the formation.

next up probably my last mayor prints for this faction until I've painted more, I have printed 7 more Leman Russ tanks, including 4 mars pattern ones for variety. Luckily since my first tank prints Mkhand uploaded alternative designs for pretty much all russ turrets, including two alternative vanquisher turrets, so I replaced the old one with the big bell on the end with something a bit more reasonable.
Assuming I can get myself to paint all this I might end up printing 3 more hulls sans sponsons, for the conqueror and executioner variants (I think those are the ones) and some tank destroyer and thumper variants as well should I wish to play as a tank legion. But first let's paint these 10!

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 05:31:30 PM »
This whole 3D printing thing seems like necromancy to me, so this looks like purest magic. How fantastic.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
The painted ones look good.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 08:35:10 AM »
This whole 3D printing thing seems like necromancy to me, so this looks like purest magic. How fantastic.

You should see the printer in action, it's like some goopy alien birth!

The painted ones look good.

Thanks mate!

Online Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »
Fantastic!

We really do live in the future. I really need to get me one of those magic 3d printers and the skills to use it...

Out of curiosity how long does it take to print a tank at that scale?

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
Fantastic!

We really do live in the future. I really need to get me one of those magic 3d printers and the skills to use it...

Out of curiosity how long does it take to print a tank at that scale?

horizontal surface hardly matters but vertical takes a lot of time, however putting surfaces at 45-degree angle on the longest axis is ideal to it mostly depends on the length of a vehicle. I can print about 3-4 normal sized tanks in 4 hours at the highest detail setting. I could fit triple that on the print platform and increase the time by maybe an hour but that increases the chances of flaws and visible print lines.