Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

Which Regiment has the most Victorian Crosses ?

(1/3) > >>

LawnRanger:
Hi Lads
      Was down the pub the other day after a club meeting :), and one chap said that the Royal Medical Corp has the most V.C  by far But then some one mentioned the The Rifles ,Regiment .

We worked out that     The Rifles must be very close to them IF you counted all the Amalgamation  that Poor regiment has gone through in the last 100 years ..we started to name a few and the list got Bigger and Bigger was shocking how many regiments are in that regiment now at least 15+ we named ..after 2 rounds of beers think it we could of hit 25 if we had another pint :D

If one of you could give us the answer, that would be great !

Happy gaming . LR

tin shed gamer:
It all depends on the way you view the amalgamations of Regiments. The Royal Artillery Regiment. Would be my bet with around 60.

Cubs:
The problem is, do you count the Artillery Corps as a single regiment? It is itself a body that includes several foot and horse regiments of artillery (same with the engineers and medics).

If you're talking separate regiments I think it's the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment on 57.

SABOT:
You have answered your own question within the question. A regiment is very different from a Corps, so we are talking individual regiments here? 😁 57 to the ‘Tigers’ is thought to be the highest but it’s a mute point concerning the amount of amalgamations. My own regiment is now formed of six predecessors. ☹️

Cubs:
It was more a rhetorical question, designed to point out that a corps isn't a regiment, but in a gentle way. I wasn't sure if the previous two members were aware that the Artillery, Engineers and Medics aren't single regiments, or if they were being conversationally flexible about the definitions for the sake of a bit of gentle quizzing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version