Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tim in Saskatoon's Kill Team Thread (Grey Knights 22 Nov 18)  (Read 12165 times)

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Re: Tim in Saskatoon's Kill Team Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »
Really nice boards and miniatures. Happy to see some low profile bases here as well, since thats what Im doing with my kill team.

I like how massive the Imperial guard team was - 17~ bodies or so?
Really captures the feel of just a wave of warm bodies being handed lasguns and told to go somewhere. Very cool stuff all around.
Looking forward to getting to try out the game myself at some point.

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
    • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 02:52:08 AM »
Thank you, all, for your comments.

This week I am running a short Kill Team Campaign for the kids and a couple of their friends. For a full report of the first day's actions check out the blog:

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2018/08/kamp-kill-team-campaign-day-one.html

Here are a few pics of the action

Round One

Tyranids versus Harlequins

Orks versus Heretic Astartes

Round Two

Tyranids versus Heretic Astartes

Orks Versus Harlequins

So far the Tyranids are in first place... but tomorrow they face the Orks... we shall see how THAT goes...

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 02:01:43 AM »
Kamp Kill Team Day Two

Tyranids finally faced the Orks... The Orks tabled them in three rounds...

Harlequins ambushed the Minions of Chaos...

Then the Harlequins fought the Tyranids again....

...and lost... again...

And the Orks battled the heretic Astartes once again.

for a complete report of the action (and a bunch more pictures) check out the blog:

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2018/08/kamp-kill-team-campaign-day-two.html

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 04:54:24 AM »
Nice work with the terrain and Kill Teams - and the reports. I particularly liked the simple but quite effective colours on the industrial terrain. I fell for KT too - the size of the board (as others have said) is appealing, besides the small size forces and package of rules in one book.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 07:15:36 AM »
Well done. You are certainly doing your bit to encourage the next generation.

I am finding KT hard to resist.

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:09 AM »
Nice work with the terrain and Kill Teams - and the reports. I particularly liked the simple but quite effective colours on the industrial terrain.

Thanks!

I fell for KT too - the size of the board (as others have said) is appealing, besides the small size forces and package of rules in one book.

I know! It is so handy being able to just set up on any table and still have some space left over around the side for paper and cards and dice and stuff!

Well done. You are certainly doing your bit to encourage the next generation.

I am finding KT hard to resist.

thanks!

Resistance if FUTILE!

DAY THREE

Orks faced the Harlequins again in the Sector Mechanicus Kill Zone.

While the Tyranids faced the Heretic Astartes in the Sector Munitorum.

Later the Harlequins duked it out with the minions of Chaos in the Sector Munitorum...

...and the Orks battled the Tyranids in the Sector Mechanicus.

Tried out some new scenarios that we hadn't played before today.

More pictures and the complete report of the Campaigns progress can be found on my blog:

https://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2018/08/kamp-kill-team-campaign-day-three.html

The same terrain every day is getting a bit old... I need to get working on some of the other terrain I have!!!

I did paint one new thing so far this week...

Testing colour schemes for a Drukhari Kill Team...

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »
Day Four

This wraps up our first Kill Team campaign. Fun was had, lessons were learned. Looking forward to the next one!

We have one more day of 40K, however. The final standings in the Kill Team campaign determined who played whom tomorrow and what Power Level they get to play with.

A full report of the action and more pics can be found on my blog:

https://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2018/08/kamp-kill-team-campaign-day-four.html

Orks faced the Harlequins again, this time they played out one of the scenarios included in the Ork Kill team starter set - Lure of Loot. the Harlequins made off with some of the loot and savaged the Orks Kill Team - who opted for a strategic withdrawal at the end of Round three - having failed a break test which left the four remaining Orks on the table shaken!

Tyranids fought the minions of Chaos again. Trying to capture some taste bio-matter... it was fought to a draw at the end of Round Five.

I also managed to finish up one of the Galvanic Servohaulers I have!

Next...? Probably the Drukhari Kill Team or some more Sector Mechanicus or Munitorum terrain bits!

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 07:37:40 PM »
Wow, more teams? Wish I was that productive.
In the last set of pics I realised what a skeletal look the genestealers have - I like it. And I am a big fan of the muted colour of the servohauler, good choice.

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
Wow, more teams? Wish I was that productive.
In the last set of pics I realised what a skeletal look the genestealers have - I like it. And I am a big fan of the muted colour of the servohauler, good choice.

thanks!

Yeah, I see this as being similar to DBA - the forces required are so small I'll probably end up doing bunch of different opposing Kill Teams...

Kill Teams I could field right now, with figures I already have painted:
T'au Empire (Pathfinders and Stealth Suits)
Astra Militarum (from four different Regiments - Tallarn, Valhallan, Cadian and Guaiacan/Catachan)
Harlequins
Asuryani (Dire Avengers and Guardians - have Rangers I could paint to add to the pool!)

Kill Teams I have miniatures for that need painting or need a few more painted to field a team (Mostly stuff I acquired before Kill Team came out):
Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines and Cultists
Drukhari
Orks

Kill Teams I've picked up specifically FOR Kill Team:
Adeptus Mechanicus
MORE Astra Militarum (Tempestus Scions)

What might I add to this...? Well I'm totally going to pick up the Rogue Trader box when that comes out. If they ever came out with rules for Inquisition Kill Team I could totally see doing one of those - mostly with figures I've already got... I could see myself picking up a handful of Tyranids or Necrons - either to use as a Kill Team (to oppose my son's Deathwatch Kill Team) or generic baddies in the Wrath & Glory campaign I'm planning to run... But those latter ones won't be until next year...

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2018, 02:18:58 AM »
A couple more Kabalites for the Drukhari Kill Team. The rest will likely be Wyches.

I also picked up the Deathworld Kill Zone yesterday - so stay tuned for Murder Plants!

Damn this month is going to be hard on the pocket book. Drukhari Kill Team and Deathworld Kill zone... and in two weeks the ROGUE TRADER box is being released!!! I'd like to say I'm done with buying stuff for this... but Damn, GW just keep pumping out fun stuff!!! I hope they can lay off it for a couple months!!

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 01:43:50 AM »
Pretty busy this past week with school and all the fall activities starting up for the kids... I did manage to get all the Death World Forest Kill Zone terrain assembled and a few of the Barbed Venomgorse painted up...

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2018/09/death-world-forest-barbed-venomgorse.html

I find the Kill Zone board very busy and have a hard time making out details in pictures of it - including those taken by the professional photographers at GW! I hope I don't lose track of my own guys while playing!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 04:19:39 AM »
Love this thread and all of your stuff. Keep up the great work!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 06:13:58 AM »
Lovely paint job on the deathworld terrain but yeah, that's one busy board...you could always substitute it for a grass mat or something.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 03:37:46 PM »
Thanks guys!

Here are a few more bits of Barbed Venomgorse for you (with different foliage!?)

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2018/09/death-world-forest-kill-zone-more.html

I have two more bits of this Barbed Venomgorse to finish up, then a few bits of Shardrack Spines... Then two other little bits I don't know the names of...? Then I should be done the Death World Kill Zone and hopefully I'll start getting some GAMES in on it!

And hopefully this will all happen BEFORE the weekend when Rogue Trader is released and I get all totally distracted by THAT!

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 04:30:55 PM »
Finished up the last of the Barbed Venomgorse (and Eldritch Ruins) last night!

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2018/09/death-world-forest-kill-zone-still-more.html

The board is starting to look a bit fuller! I still have the shard rack spines to finish up - then the board will be FULL of Death World nastiness!