Forum > Age of the Big Battalions

Olicana's Peninsular Project - What a mistake to make (02:10:18)

(1/7) > >>

olicana:
Hooray, hooray, today's the day!

Blimey it's been a long time coming. Painting both sides makes everything doubly laborious. I hope having enough to do a small game will encourage me to get on with the rest (next up, some Portuguese). We'll see.

Anyway, my first scenario for Napoleonics. It's based on an old one devised by CSG. I've converted it for the troops I have and Black Powder and it might be of use to someone so it's on my blog.

https://olicanalad.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-bridge-at-hermoso-santo-my-first.html

Latest additions:

I hope you like.....

James

OSHIROmodels:
Impressive collection  :)

What are the two lines for on the board? Deployment limits?

Phil Portway:
Wonderful looking armies!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

olicana:
Yes, they are the deployment limits for Brits west of the river.

When it comes to complex deployment limits, rather than doing lengthy literary descriptions with measurements, I find it easier and quicker (for players on the night) to draw the deployment area on the gaming table using lengths of thin metal chain.

Being chain, it is highly flexible. It easily goes over hills and any other terrain and it is heavy enough to keep it in place under its own weight. Thick enough to see, thin enough not to get in the way.

Once troops are deployed the chain is simply taken up. I hang the lengths on a picture hook behind my gaming room door (out of the way) to stop the chain tangling up when not in use - it can be a problem if you don't do this.

OSHIROmodels:
Cracking idea  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version