Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Samnite Wars using Lion/Dragon Rampant First WIP Pics  (Read 3951 times)

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
Re: 28mm Samnite Wars using Lion/Dragon Rampant First WIP Pics
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 01:18:08 PM »
The figures are looking good. Quick question why would you dip and then dullcote prior to highlight phase?

Cheers

Good question! Quite simply because the highlights go on better on top of the matte finish and also the metallics will have a bit of shine on their highlights, while clothing, etc, doesn't.

Offline markw

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »
Ah I see, I may try that on my figures. Thanks

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 02:15:06 PM »
Excellent start to your army/warband.  Like you I am waiting for the mailed Republican cavlary but the Italian versions I have converted using the Greek Light Cavalry as the base and adding a upper torso from the armoured Samnites.  These might provide you with enough contrast to their Roman counterparts.  Link to my conversions is here. if you are interested.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=111997.0

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 02:35:32 PM »
Excellent start to your army/warband.  Like you I am waiting for the mailed Republican cavlary but the Italian versions I have converted using the Greek Light Cavalry as the base and adding a upper torso from the armoured Samnites.  These might provide you with enough contrast to their Roman counterparts.  Link to my conversions is here. if you are interested.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=111997.0

Those cavalry are very good! The mailed Romans are now on Victrix's website. I may wait til individual sprues appear on EBAY as I only need 6 figs, not the 16 in the box for £30!