Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:51:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686648
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Magnificent Playmobil  (Read 3410 times)

Offline mothman

• Librarian
Magnificent Playmobil
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Magnificent Playmobil
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »
  lol love it....! Well done to all concerned. If I was going to Partizan, I’d be queuing up to play this😊,

Doug

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 11:24:28 AM »
Utterly Brilliant

I can see the small children of wargamers being very sad in the future because parents won't let them play with the playmobil....

Looks like they will have to change the age range on their boxes in future

Offline lethallee61

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 12:47:59 PM »
That may be one of the best uses of children’s toys since I saw photos of the 40K tournament using LEGO spacemen.  :-*

I remember loving playing with Timpo cowboys when I was a kid - might have to do some EBay searches of my own after seeing this.
Enjoying the game is ALWAYS more important than winning the game.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 01:55:29 AM »
Back when the Clan War game was around, there was a local who used Lego Samurai on the appropriate bases - looked pretty awesome.

This also looks very cool.  Nice introductory measure to brainwashahem, attract new blood.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 02:12:36 AM »
Playpeople as they were called when I was a boy. This made me smile, thanks.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline DS615

• Scientist
    • Fandango Alpha
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »
That may be one of the best uses of children’s toys since I saw photos of the 40K tournament using LEGO spacemen.  :-*

I remember loving playing with Timpo cowboys when I was a kid - might have to do some EBay searches of my own after seeing this.

I like your implication that the things we game with are somehow not "children's toys."  :)

I would wager that setup costs as much, if not more, than a "normal" miniatures one.  Those things aren't cheap!
- Scott

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 02:35:29 AM »
Very cool!  Thanks for posting.

-Michael

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 09:12:52 PM »
30 years ago when my lad was little I got him every Playmobil Wild West Set for Crimbo. There was a Cavalry fort, just outside the Cowboy town. A wagon train meandered through Monument valley. A War Party from the Indian Village by the river chased after the stagecoach bringing the gold from the mine... it was a majestic set up!
Five years later, that Crimbo he got his first air rifle, the same summer all the Wild West Playmobilers were massacreed...
every one falling with his face to the enemy!

:'(
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »
Somehow the Wild West seems to call for a light-hearted touch like this. Great collection - the whole thing looks splendid. The one tweak I might make (not that you asked) would be to go with another terrain cloth. A more golden brown monotone felt would look would look more in keeping with the figures, at least to my eye. Thanks so much for sharing!

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »
This certainly brings back alot of memories. I still have all my old playmobil sets in storage. Back in the 80s playmobil was one of the most if not the most popular toys in Greece. They were produced under licence and every kid had or wanted them. I was a big fan of the western sets. Used to have the old style buildings, these here are later models, Miner's Hotel, Sherif's office, saloon and the bank if i recall right. Also about 3 indian camps.
Really great toys of the finest quality. A playmobil figure could survive almost everything. Back then there was more emphasis on the system aspect. You had figures and accessories. So with alot of imagination you could create your own combinations.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
A playmobil figure could survive almost everything.

Everything, but one of these...

:'(