Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:21:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69345 times)

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:56:54 PM »
Been trying to communicate with Hasslefree for a bit now, given them lots of time to respond; in the past, they’ve been excellent - have they become a problem company?

Note: my order was resolved, but there are literally pages of issues from others.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:57:20 PM by grant »
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:55:30 AM »
It's August, so perhaps they are on holiday.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:20:29 AM »
The quality of their product and their very professional looking website notwithstanding they are an extremely small family business. They announced holiday-related delays on their site lasting up until July 25th.

So I suspect they need longer to clear away the holiday backlog than they expected. They have never ever failed me yet. This is probably the season.
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 05:42:57 AM »
There was a similar thread last month - maybe it is of relevance.

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=110791.0

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 09:43:12 AM »
I sent off an order on the 29th of june. Nothing arrived in the mail as of yet. I was going to wait tell the end I the month to hit them up to see what the progress is. That is if nothing arrived by then.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 06:50:01 PM »
Posting on Face Book a few minutes ago.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »
I think their outrageously successful KS strained their logistical "tail". But I think that has been more-or-less sorted out.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 10:12:32 PM »
I think their outrageously successful KS strained their logistical "tail". But I think that has been more-or-less sorted out.

Glad to hear they were successful; I’ve still heard nothing from them.

No worries, can gladly spend my money elsewhere I suppose :D

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 10:22:19 PM »
There was a similar thread last month - maybe it is of relevance.

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=110791.0

Glad you found it! I knew I read somethi g similar here.

I've done a few smallish orders with them over the past few years. Usually 4-8 figures at a time. They take a little while longer than others but in my experience nothing outrageous.

It sucks others have had negative experiences. Or untimely delays re: correspondence.

Hopefully they get things sorted out. They have a bunch of resin I  want need in metal.

That said, I don't think that they have become a hassle of a company but people aren't as patient as I am.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 12:04:36 PM »
I sent off an order on the 29th of june. Nothing arrived in the mail as of yet. I was going to wait tell the end I the month to hit them up to see what the progress is. That is if nothing arrived by then.  :D
My latest order was despatched 29.7 as per the email they sent and has not been received as of today 29.8. It's now 31 days or a month, when it takes usually maximum of 14 days or 2 weeks for things to move from UK to north eastern corner of Europe. Mind you, far away US airmail shipments have arrived fine in that same time period and I'm starting to think something is amiss here... (Luckily the product I ordered, Scale Link etched foliage, can be also ordered from the manufacturer website albeit at higher cost as one needs to buy complete sheets of the material.)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 06:08:09 PM »
I have to ask what email address is being used?

To quote an earlier newsletter:
"Sorry! If we're already conversing, then we're on it. If we're not, please use the email bwartemis@gmail.com and bug me. ALL CAPS me, re-send an email from yesterday, do whatever ya like."

They have had a number of issues this year.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 12:47:37 AM »
I noticed that - I was NOT using that email.

I placed an order today for both gangs I want and they were IMMEDIATELY DESPATCHED. So now the question is up to the UK post to Canada Post. Maybe 2 weeks on average.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 02:13:55 AM »
I sent an message off about 4 days ago and no reply. Guess I will hit try that bwartemis@gmail one out.  :)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 06:45:21 AM »
Keep us all informed of all your orders' progress.

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 12:31:29 AM »
I placed an order for some modern adventurers on August 16th. On August 28th, I got the shipping notification and just pulled them out of my mailbox today, September 1st. The time between ordering and shipping was a bit long, but the speed in which the package crossed the Atlantic and made it to the central USA was great. So from date of order to miniatures being in hand was roughly two weeks. Considering, I'm in the US and the figures came from England, I'm quite pleased with the service. They also included some candy in the box. I would not hesitate at all to order from Hasslefree again. My guess is that their business got hit by a demand that was unexpected due to the popularity of Ash Barker's Last Days game from Osprey Games. That's why I ordered from them. I'm sure they'll get caught up and get back to normal soon now that Con season is winding down as well. That's my experience, I hope others have as positive experience as I did.

William
Until such time as Congress stops being a ridiculous farce, comedy is utterly acceptable at their hearings.
Sean Patrick Fannon