Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:36:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689508
  • Total Topics: 118282
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69756 times)

Andrew_McGuire

Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received.
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »
Hah! I got three candies!!!!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2018, 10:24:23 PM »
Curses!  lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2018, 12:23:21 AM »
Hah! I got three candies!!!!
I heard of a guy who went into a shop and asked for four candles.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2018, 06:08:33 AM »

lol

Well played Sir!
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline vexillia

• Mad Scientist
    • Vexillia
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2018, 09:39:43 AM »
Nah mate.  It was fork 'andles. 'andles for forks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:33:55 AM by vexillia »

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
Nah mate.  It was fork 'andles. 'andles for forks.

In either case, I hope this wasn't while rationing was in effect?

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »
I suppose everyone knows by now they've got a post-Halloween sale on? Bad timing from my point of view, unfortunately.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »

Did they tell him to get stuffed?

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2018, 05:12:59 PM »
I suppose everyone knows by now they've got a post-Halloween sale on? Bad timing from my point of view, unfortunately.
Thanks for letting us know, as the latest sale newsletter had something on order issues and whatnot at the end. I just emailed them for the 7th time since August. The snail mail option was failure (shame for the beautiful postage stamps) and am contemplating of bitching either PayPal, credit card company or UK police at the moment. Not sure how the last option works for non-UK consumers.

The monetary loss is of lesser concern to me. Perhaps somebody lost the parcel while en route. It's the non-communication that is so #¤%&£@€. Just a little reply acknowledging that they have received some of the 8 complaints (7 polite emails from 2 different adresses to all three company addresses, 1 paper letter) since August would go a long way in making me bury the war axe and send some shekels to them again in the future.

Oh man, I'm reminded of BTD of the olden days. It's that bad - or worse, for BTD atleast back then sent free 25mm goblin miniatures as compensation for missing delivery.

Should the hell freeze over and a success be made on this case, I'll let you know. I like happy endings.

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »
I missed this thread and just posted in similar one, but I'm in the same boat.  These Hasslefree threads actually give me hope though that I might eventually see some product.  I understand they're a small shop and I actually don't mind waiting quite a while for the goods.  But the Halloween sale advert kinda surprised me after not receiving my stuff or being able to reach them.

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2018, 04:32:00 PM »
Hello fellow Imperial agent Roboute Guilliman praise the Emper..., ahem, Reboot Guillotine, I read your experience from the other thread and was immediately struck how it mirrored mine. The original January post in that thread too resonated in the wrong way.

Just imagine having this kind of service level with banks, telecoms and such. Or at any of the one man operated kiosks and street corner convenience stores. No sane person would accept this kind of passive-active stonewalling masquerading as service from those places.

• Assistant
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2018, 02:59:08 PM »
This situation, along with some other things, has me wondering: could there be something awry with post out of the UK lately?  I shop almost exclusively online, have for many years, get multiple things a week, and have only had a lost parcel once every several years.  But recently I bought a CD on ebay from a UK merchant and it never arrived (they eventually just said "oh well, must be lost" and refunded me).  Also ordered some minis from Otherworld Miniatures on 26Sep and haven't seen or heard anything about that order either.  Hasslefree apparently have their own issues, but they did send me a dispatch email; maybe they tried to send something (in which case the tracking info would be vital).  Seems an awfully big coincidence, or a run of really terrible luck.

• Assistant
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2018, 01:39:20 AM »
I've still been sending an email each week without response.  But I got their email advertising the Black Friday sale, so obviously they're up and running, taking and (presumably) filling orders, etc.  So strange.  I'm coming up on 90 days since the orders were placed so I guess I'm going to have to look in to "reversing the charges" or whatever you call it with the credit card company.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2018, 02:30:08 AM »
I suggest moving out of the Bermuda Triangle.  o_o

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »
I'm coming up on 90 days since the orders were placed so I guess I'm going to have to look in to "reversing the charges" or whatever you call it with the credit card company.
I did exactly that with PayPal, which has not yet made a decision one way or another (there is a 10 day waiting period where the seller can contact PayPal and buyer to sort things out).

In over 15 years of online purchasing, I remember having to do this same PayPal process (or was it eBay process?) once earlier to get money back. Seller would not send the product and by looking online at public information I could see there were others with the same problem, so it was a bit similar case there. There have been a plenty of cases with seller/company mistakenly sending to me wrong stuff, or one missing/broken piece amongst countless other items. In all those cases one simple email message, written in polite language, was all that was needed to have the missing or broken pieces replaced.

Edit: to get one's money back, either by credit card company or PayPal, it's important to remember the timeframe! Often there are rules that put last possible date on the reclaim, after which the payment processor won't consider the complaint.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:45:54 AM by Nordic1980s »