Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:40:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686645
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69340 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received - others still have problems...
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2018, 03:03:18 AM »
I placed a dispute with Paypal and Dameon (bwartemis@gmail.com) emailed me within a couple a hours.  We have been emailing back and forth over the last several days.  Basically, the orders weren't shipped and can't be before the Paypal dispute timer counts down (due to the holiday) so we're trying to come to some agreement.  I will provide a summary once everything is resolved.
Well that's something at least.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2018, 11:30:14 AM »
 "so we're trying to come to some agreement."
How about: if you just send me my models and you can keep the money?  :D
But seriously, I don't understand the problems they seem to have. Lack of funds? Sickness? To big a workload?
Leadhead

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »
I'd be all "Tell it to Paypal"... it's passing odd that the only e-mail to apparently get read is the notice of a dispute.

Offline Harry von Fleischmann

• Scientist
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2018, 10:35:45 AM »
I’d be very cautious over any agreement that reduces your rights - goods ordered, paid for and not shipped and you only get attention when PayPal are involved. I’d stick with the PayPal route.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #169 on: January 01, 2019, 03:33:16 PM »
Just sharing for those not on fb or looking:

Sally here:

2018 was a horrendous year and we are honestly trying to get it all sorted.  We were getting on top of things until July when my adopted dad was diagnosed with 5 types of terminal cancer, he died on Remembrance Sunday.  The funeral was in December.

I haven’t been online for work, I very rarely check emails and Dameon has simply been snowed under.  I am aware that this has upset a lot of people but it was not something I planned for and to be honest not something that I am dealing with very efficiently, most days I still cry.

Please accept my apology for this.

Yes there is still a backlog.
Yes we are still trying to get the bottom of why Kickstarter orders are still missing.
Yes the email communication is still sporadic.
Yes you have the right to be frustrated.

Currently we have one person trying to do the job of two whilst also clearing up the mess left by an ex-employee things aren’t going to be rectified easily.

I cant apologise enough and sending me abusive emails and messages will not get your order issues sorted any quicker. I don’t know what else I can say except I am as frustrated with the slow progress as you are.  I have never wanted the old HF back as much as I do now and wish we had never run the KS :(
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2019, 11:10:44 PM »
Paypal refunded my money but, as mentioned before, I know they're in a bad way (as evinced by Sally's message) and I'd still like to support their work and get the goods.  So Dameon and I are discussing regenerating my order, possibly at a discount reflecting the holidays sales through which I sat on the sidelines over the last few months while things were in limbo.

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
  • Pulp Alley Phantom Agent
    • Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2019, 12:52:14 AM »
It seems to be a real crap shoot, I had an email from them on November 22nd saying my order had been shipped and I received my order on December 17th. Given that I am in Canada and mail is slow in getting here in the best of times, and that we had rotating postal strikes, the shipment time was quite reasonable.

In fact I made 8 orders from 8 different companies in the UK in November, 6 made it in around 3 weeks, Hasslefree around 4 weeks, and 1 order took almost 5 weeks (but Christmas holidays had an impact)

My longest delay, oddly, was my one order from the US ordered Nov 26th arrived today Jan 2nd.

Sorry to hear about your issues with HF, but good to see Paypal complaint resolution system worked for you.
It is also one of the reasons I use them, fingers crossed I never have to test out the system myself.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:42:37 AM by Menelduir »
For more gaming stuff feel free to check out my blogs:
General blog: Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer @ http://menelduir.blogspot.ca/
Painting/building blog @ https://menelduirspainting.blogspot.com/
VSF related blog @ https://vsfadventuresofmenelduir.blogspot.com/

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2019, 11:57:52 PM »
Just another facebook update. I'll try to share these as soon as I can after some of you said you don't to facebook, I have made hasslefree aware of this thread too, tbh I had done that a while ago but did so again recently:

Sally here:

We have tried to be honest about the delays and explaining them to those who ask however we are still getting messages from people who have not read the updates.

So to clarify. 

HF is still closed for the Xmas/New Year break. 

Dameon is trying to catch up on emails during this time and is prioritising KS and other long-standing issues. 

I am monitoring anything that I can answer on the HF page.  Auto-reply is turned off so that we can see messages as they come in.  Please be aware that I am spending a lot of time with the children who are still upset with the loss of their grandad so time online is limited.

Any queries regarding mini release dates/progress of orders etc can only be dealt with by Dameon, not me.

Today I am afraid to say that for the first time in the entire 15 year history of HF I blocked someone from the page due to rudeness, not about a missing order but an enquiry that came in over Christmas that did not receive an immediate reply.  Generally I am patient and have always tried my best to uphold ‘the customer is always right’ but today I let myself down.  I am only human, I do not have the gift of hindsight and I am trying my hardest.  That is all that I can do. 

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2019, 07:10:16 PM »
Sorry if you are getting a bit bored of this now but once more, doing it because some folks said they didn't have facebook or see why they would have to look there etc for updates. Today's is:

Hasslefree Minis
1 hr

Sally here:

Have just spoken to Dameon checking on progress and got this reply 🙂

“Couple of days maybe on the backlog. End of week at latest. That includes checking through the ks stuff. Not yet, spent the day on orders, having food then doing comp stuff. Mother was fine today, so that'll help.”

Thankyou all for your patience. He will be checking through online messages later tonight 🙂

In the meantime here’s something Kev has been working on today 🙂

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2019, 03:46:14 PM »
Thanks for those posts, mcfonz.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2019, 04:07:01 PM »
Just an added comment to this thread...

I have posted in the past about my good (great?) service last Fall, so much so that I quickly placed another order during their Halloween (?) sale.  All this was during their 'bad' period.  I can honestly say that I have zero issues with them.  The second order was actually shipped during the 'no ship' period they mentioned in the sale, and I received it in a normal time frame from UK to US.

While I appreciate the noting of failed orders, I feel it's equally important to make note of positive dealings in hopes future buyers don't focus solely on the negative.

Thanks for putting any FB comments on here as it's nice to see their side.  I hope they get whatever unpleasantness sorted, but I will not hesitate to order again.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2019, 03:12:51 PM »
Just an added comment to this thread...

I have posted in the past about my good (great?) service last Fall, so much so that I quickly placed another order during their Halloween (?) sale.  All this was during their 'bad' period.  I can honestly say that I have zero issues with them.  The second order was actually shipped during the 'no ship' period they mentioned in the sale, and I received it in a normal time frame from UK to US.

While I appreciate the noting of failed orders, I feel it's equally important to make note of positive dealings in hopes future buyers don't focus solely on the negative.

Thanks for putting any FB comments on here as it's nice to see their side.  I hope they get whatever unpleasantness sorted, but I will not hesitate to order again.

I'm in total agreement. A good company with good people trying to do their best in difficult situations. My last few orders have been flawless.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2019, 07:17:56 PM »
I must admit I've never had any problem with them ever, and having met them at Salute think of them as friendly folk. I know how irritating a delay on an order can be but I'd not consider for a moment that HF wouldn't come through eventually. Given the quality of their range, let's be honest Kev White is very likely the best sci-fi sculptor on the planet, it's worth waiting I think.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
It is good the hasslefree responses were posted.
The biased bashing and constant stream of entitlement were getting cringy.

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2019, 10:39:29 AM »
No. That’s not what’s happened here.

Drive by fans describing legitimate complaints as a ‘constant stream of entitlement*' helps no one, least of all Hasslefree or any business in the same position. It just antagonises people and escalates things.

* Edited for autocorrect mistake!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:54:45 PM by Andrew Rae »