Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:58:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689479
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69749 times)

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received - others still have problems...
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2019, 04:44:40 AM »
How very dare they continue to be a business........... ::)

They should stop if they’re that far behind.

It’s shit to do otherwise. Be honest with yourself about it.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2019, 08:27:48 PM »
Perhaps there's some confusion between "temporary hiatus" and "permanent closure".

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2019, 09:34:06 PM »
Hasslefree Minis
10 February at 22:27 ·
Sally here:

Thankyou to everyone who has communicated with me over the weekend. All issues have been collated and sent over to Dameon for him to look at this week.

Please make note of the office opening hours which are in GMT. This means that it might be mid afternoon where you are but midnight here so please be patient and allow up to 48 hours for a reply, as things get resolved we will obviously get this reply time back to usual efficiency.

I will touch base later in the week and fingers crossed x

Thanks again for your patience in what I know are frustrating circumstances for us all

Sally & Kev 🙂

PS: don’t forget Dameon who is actually working his hardest to get things back on track x

RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2019, 04:20:47 AM »
I don't see this as an uncivilized thread. I think virtually everyone here, including the OP, are here because we really adore Hasslefree Miniatures. There is obviously concern for this small company that makes some of the most spectacular miniatures on earth. But there's also concern about already placed orders and concern about whether or not now is the best time to order.

The company gets to choose whether or not to suspend taking new orders or not, entirely the company's choice. And it's entirely our choice whether or not we take a chance and order now, hoping to add to our lead mountains, or whether we wait a while and see if Hasslefree gets caught up.

I've noticed that there's variation in how communicative via email miniatures companies and vendors are, ranging from no communication at all to rapid fire. Can't blame a little company like Hasslefree, especially when going through these current personal and family issues, from being toward the less communicative end. On Ebay this would really matter, as vendors get a rating for communication.

Personally, I haven't purchased any Hasslefree figures yet. I keep watching in the forlorn hope that Kev White will someday be interested in sculpting figures for early 20th Century Pulp. I'll probably be waiting a very long time... :(
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
Has anyone ordered from HF recently, including during the Easter sale?  Dameon, Sally, and I emailed back and forth a few times late last year and early this year about recreating my orders that never went out last fall but then Salute arrived and everything went radio-silence.  I placed new orders during the weekend sale and actually received dispatch notification a couple of weeks ago.  I know it's too soon to probably expect anything yet, but am wondering if anyone else has ordered anything and what turnaround times seem to be lately?

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
My last order to them was on Saturday 16 March this year. It arrived on the 21st (yes, I do keep a note of when deliveries arrive ;D).

They do seem to be getting over a lot of the issues that plagued them last year, so you should be fine

• Assistant
The 21st of May?  So a couple of months?  I would guess the Easter sale will push that out a bit, and my order was pretty big, so I'll give it time.  Thanks.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
21st March, sorry, I should have made that clear. Ordered Saturday,  they arrived the following Thursday  :)

• Assistant
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2019, 12:10:42 AM »
Well, that's a bit of a difference!  I guess it fluctuates pretty dramatically depending on circumstances.  (I'm also guessing you live a little closer to them than I do.)

Offline Painterz

• Librarian
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2019, 12:38:11 AM »
Every order I've ever placed with them, 8 or 9 now, has come within a week.

• Assistant
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2019, 02:39:56 AM »
Very excited to receive two parcels of miniatures from UK today!

False alarms.  North Star Figures and Mierce Minis.

• Assistant
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2019, 08:06:05 PM »
It's been over 5 weeks since I got the "dispatch" email.  Starting to feel a bit like my last order.

One of the frustrations, I believe, for several people according to the Facebook threads is that there doesn't seem to be a tight correlation between the dispatch notice and when (or if) things actually ship.  I got the email two or three weeks after my order last summer but then nothing ever went out.  I hope I'm not in the same boat again.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2019, 11:08:35 PM »
I just placed a small order to test the waters. I'll let you know how I fare.

• Assistant
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2019, 02:56:40 AM »
SO IT'S NOW BEEN OVER TEN WEEKS SINCE I PLACED MY ORDER AND...

it came today.

I won't lie, I was losing hope. Nearly a year since I first tried to purchase something... no replies to repeated emails... interminable, improbable waits after supposed dispatch... starting to wonder if the whole thing wasn't a front for drugs...

and, I have to admit: it's perfect.  Fifty-six minis (plus a few extras) and not a single error or missing item.  The quality is great.  Even the candy was pretty tasty.

Coincidentally, I also received shipment notice & tracking info for my Brother Vinni and Otherworld Miniatures orders (both also over two months old now) a few days ago.  So it looks like my transatlantic miniature purchasing saga is drawing to a close.

P.S.  This is the first time I've seen real-live Hasslefree minis in person and... they're small.  Like, 25mm, old Ral Partha small.  I personally don't care about differences among product lines, but it shows that scale creep is legit.  Either that or my aging eyes are making minis look smaller and smaller.

• Assistant
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2019, 07:03:26 PM »
Actually, in comparison to several other lines, the females at least are no so much short as they are more realistically proportioned, making them appear dainty.  They're comparable in height to Oathmark, which are a bit short but bulky, i.e. "heroic."  They appear lithe next to Reaper and more similar to Mierce or Fenryll.  HF's "40 mm" Artemis is the same size as many Reaper females.  The Hasslefree dudes are all rather diminutive but fit well with Ral Partha and Mierce.  Like most minis they are borderline Lilliputian compared to current GW models.