Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 05:54:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1365354
  • Total Topics: 96695
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 1136
  • (July 19, 2019, 06:36:21 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received - others still have problems...  (Read 27886 times)

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• assistant
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received - others still have problems...
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2019, 07:07:35 PM »
Not sure why I went on about that.  This isn't a thread about Hasslefree model style.  :)

Offline Storm Wolf

• scientist
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2019, 02:00:59 PM »
Hi there,

Just to add a more positive note to this thread I made a double order one on the 27th July and one on the 30th July and received both today on the 3rd August.

Not only did I get some nice sweets, I also got a free metal "not-Dutch" mini, so thank you, Sally, Kev and everyone else at HF, it was most appreciated.  :D

I will be using the not-Dutch and Blaine figures for a Predator/Aliens mash-up I have been thinking off for a long while and the GI Alpha team will be for Hardwired/Combat Zone/Galactic Heroes etc, etc, etc......

Regards all

Glen
Knowing my luck, I would throw the pin and still be holding the grenade - gulp!

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• assistant
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2019, 02:01:39 AM »
Because I eventually got the goods, I placed another order (mostly duplicates of the stuff I really liked) on July 6 and it showed up July 29.  So I'm 2 for 2 in the last few months!  The Hasslefree Facebook page, however, is starting to melt down.  Lots of disgruntled (or at least sub-optimally-gruntled) people airing their grievances on there now.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2019, 06:51:00 PM »
I placed an order for some vikings Sept. 2, knowing it might be a long while to get them. I'll be sure to report back ;)
… a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline 6milPhil

• Supporting Adventurer
  • galactic brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2019, 12:44:03 PM »
" Until a few years ago HF ran like a well-oiled machine and then unpredictable circumstances literally made it stop. It was always a juggle for casting new releases versus restocks of older figures but mostly we coped.

The ‘emergency stop’ 2 years ago hit the organisation and routine very hard, before long we found ourselves struggling to keep on top of everything that needed doing. There are still a few unresolved issues from that time but mostly I am assured they are sorted.

At last it seems like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel, we have releases due soon, restocks of both minis and other resources coming through and soon we will be able to start the long-awaited ‘catch-up’ of unreleased figures that Kev has still been sculpting even through the ‘emergency stop’.

We really do appreciate the way you have supported us throughout this difficult time and thank you all so much for sticking with us.

I went to the resin casters today so decided to share a few pictures that show the scores of as yet unreleased figures that I hope will give you reassurance that we are finally (fingers crossed) getting there x"

via: https://www.facebook.com/HF.Minis.are.the.best/

Offline Painterz

• librarian
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »
I'm not entirely sure why Hasslefree didn't bite the bullet and hire some part time staff to help them when the kickstarter caused everything to enter meltdown.

(ALthough I might add I got my kickstarter HF stuff very quickly with no hassle at all.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:24:15 PM by Painterz »

Offline flags_of_war

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2019, 09:59:32 AM »
I'm not entirely sure why Hasslefree didn't bite the bullet and hire some part time staff to help them when the kickstarter caused everything to enter meltdown.

(ALthough I might add I got my kickstarter HF stuff very quickly with no hassle at all.)

Profit margins in the miniatures game are so fine. Chances are they couldn't afford to hire someone to help out.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2019, 02:36:18 AM »
Well my order came in a few days ago, everything looks satisfactory. About three and a half weeks total, which is quick for Hasslefree. I think I have been ordering from them since 2004. Hoping they get back on their feet, they do have some truly great miniatures.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2019, 09:33:58 PM »
Wasn't sure whether to post in this thread or start a new one, but Hasslefree won't be sending out any orders before 12th November, as they're having a holiday (I think, the newsletter is a bit vague).

On the bright side, they're having a 20% off sale during that time - use code HALLOWEEN2019 at the checkout.

I nearly ordered some things from them yesterday, but couldn't quite make up my mind what I wanted. Looks like my indecision has saved me 20% of the cost of whatever I finally decide to buy :D