Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:06:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689608
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69775 times)

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received - others still have problems...
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2020, 10:17:38 AM »
Just seen the email about the 'Flash Birthday Sale'. Do I risk it?

Offline ZaOtlichiye

• Student
« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2020, 04:21:20 AM »
You will get your stuff.
Eventually.
Just don't expect your emails to be answered.

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2020, 08:13:39 AM »
I ordered and was no problem at all got mine in 3 days . Were all only human.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2020, 01:27:21 PM »
I ordered and was no problem at all got mine in 3 days . Were all only human.

When did you order? The reason I'm reluctant to order is an order placed last October never got fulfilled and I had to resort to a Paypal to get my money back.

If things have improved since then, then I'll consider an order.

Offline ZaOtlichiye

• Student
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2020, 10:39:44 PM »
I have now received my order and everything is as expected.

I placed the order Nov. 10th. I received a despatch notice 57 days later. This was about what I anticipated. I was, along with others, placing a large order just before the holidays to take advantage of their sale prices. Casting resin cannot be hurried and their handcrafted product is outstanding and cannot be substituted for. So they can proceed at their chosen pace.

However, it is poor by industry standards. In November I ordered from Brother Vinni and they took 27 days to fulfill it and delivered it in 33 days. In December, Raging Heroes processed my order in 1 day and I received it in 10 days.

At this point Dameon suffered an injury and in the process a bin of parcels was misplaced. After 3 weeks I inquired, and after 4 I again inquired using all the e-mail addresses I could find. Dameon immediately responded and promised it look into it right away. That was the first and last personal email I received. About a week later I received a second despatch notice, 37 days since the first, and an explanation of the mislaid parcels.

Then Wales flooded and 30 days later I received my third despatch notice. The package arrived ten days later or 134 days after ordering it.

Both these delays were unavoidable, but the length of time is unconvincing and the service can only be described as poor. I would order from them again, but is Hasslefree a hassle? Oh yeah.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:27:16 AM by ZaOtlichiye »

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2020, 03:51:19 AM »
I placed another (mid-sized) order on the 16th of this month (with the sale) and got "despatch" notice on the 25th.  The combination of back injury, biblical flooding, and viral pandemic appears to have made them faster than ever!

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2020, 03:55:52 AM »
I got this order yesterday, so about 2 weeks total from order date.  Pretty surprising!

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
Hasslefree Miniatures delay
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2020, 03:27:26 PM »
I know, I know. The topic has been done to death.

Seriously though, has anyone else in the States experienced some major delays in shipping from them? I know when I order that it'll take a few months, but this last one is a doozy. I bought about 60 USD worth of stuff in the first week of April, and haven't seen hide nor hair of it. No shipping notification, and no response to my three emails. I was definitely charged for it.

Anyone else having similar issues with them?

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Hasslefree Miniatures delay
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »
I know, I know. The topic has been done to death.

Seems like you were forewarned then?

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2020, 09:03:46 PM »
Not sure it's much help, but the latest newsletter on their website may give you some things to try. I haven't ordered from them in a while, so not sure if the extreme delay in your order is common.

Good luck  :)

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2020, 11:54:28 PM »
I've been very tempted by Hasslefree in the past. But the figures don't quite fit into my usual focus of the 50 years or so from about 1895 to 1945 (for colonial and Pulp). Eventually I might buy a few of the Viking types, but will wait until the business is rolling out orders.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »
Earlier this year my brother ordered from them, emailed all the various emails they have and had no response, he contacted them on fb and again no response, eventually he put in a Paypal claim and got a full refund. At no point did he get a reply nor did PayPal when the claim went in.

It seems like extreme delays and empty apologies are very common.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2020, 02:08:43 AM »
I love their sculpts but their service can be rather slow.  They do seem to have a lot of health issues which can really derail a small company.  My last order was 2+ months (November to January). They don't tell you when you order something out of stock that they are waiting to be cast - you just wait. Even given Covid impact on delays yours seems a bit too long.  Good luck
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2020, 02:44:12 AM »
From things I have seen posted lately they do not seem to be a company you should be dealing with right now.
Hope you will get your stuff I know how frustrating that can be.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2020, 07:40:49 AM »
Last I've heard the recent orders seem to be fine, but some of those placed at the start of this year were still not fulfilled.
They are not sending regular mail until the 9th of November due to covid restrictions (Wales isn't great at the moment...), but they are apparently sending some long-delayed orders out right now anyway.

From their newsletter:
However, there are also some outstanding issues awaiting either the supply chain to catch up or another fix of some kind. I will be contacting you within the next 24hrs about these.

If you do not get that contact from me, please email me on the below address. Mark it 'Urgent', as we consider any outstanding issues at this point of highest priority.

In fact, If you have any issues, no matter how old or how small, please email me on bwartemis@gmail.com

~Ad finem temporum~