Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69302 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »
Yep 3 times now. :`
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
Well sheet.

Guess I better stay away until they get this mess sorted out. Some new figures coming out which looked really interesting, but it doesn't matter if orders aren't being fulfilled.

If they want to stay in business long term, they need to stop and make clearing their backlog priority #1 no matter how much it costs. Pay someone to come help, or close down orders for as along as it takes - because if they end up turning into another Black Cat Bases they're going to lose more than a month or two's income, they'll go tits up. I doubt most of their customers read this forum or see the requests for patience on FB, etc. and so they'll just get mad and put through a refund request. Enough of those requests and they could end up blacklisted by payment services, never mind being on the hook for chargeback fees. And I don't want to see Kev having to give up sculpting due to a business implosion.

God knows how much future business they've lost already, given this has been going on since Christmas of LAST YEAR. I was inclined to give them a lot of the benefit of the doubt as they're practically an institution, but NINE MONTHS of a severe, recurring problem with their most basic transactions going unresolved is just flat out unacceptable for anyone.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:38:17 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 09:39:36 PM »
Maybe they should go the way Copplestone did. Partner with an existing distributor to handle their casting, sales, and shipping.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 10:30:52 PM »
That might be the best route, that is if they keep on having problems. I also sent them a few pms on Facebook and last night went as far as posting on their public page asking for some one to please contact me.
I was not and have not been rude, or used harsh or inflammatory language. I just want this sorted out.
:(

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2018, 04:36:30 PM »
So should I now be worried about my recent order?

I have wanted for ages to order some minis and when I got a chance to I jumped on it...now I see/read this:-(

I do not use Facebook as well.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2018, 05:42:10 PM »
I must admit I was about to take the plunge but reading this thread and comments on fb have put me off. It would be good if those who have placed orders could let us know if they arrive. I quite fancy some red box goblins.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 12:51:01 AM »
It’s early - just 11 days. I’ll keep everyone posted. I won’t even hesitate to file a PayPal dispute at 30 days.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 10:06:14 AM »
I posted my mail order on the 6th August.
Emailed the HF email address on 3rd September, asking if they'd received the letter?

I haven't emailed the other email address that has been shown on these threads, I'll admit. All I was interested in, was knowing if they had received the letter? Or had it gotten lost in the post? And I can, therefore, cancel the cheque with my bank.

HF hasn't taken any monies from me, at this point, as my cheque to them hasn't been cashed. That's if they've received it? Which is all I'm wanting to know, really.

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »
UPDATE

Seems my post yesterday produced some magic.  Upon getting home from work I was greeted with a package from Hasslefree...with candy!

For those keeping score, I placed the order on August 30 and was received September 11.

I will be placing another order in the near future without hesitation.  Hope everybody else who is waiting gets their goods soon.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 11:19:28 PM »
Great news ironhand. I placed my order June 29th. So I hope they get a hold of me soon.
I placed two orders with under fire mins in July and got both of them in already. Maybe the order I lost in the mail.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2018, 09:33:34 AM »
Sent off a new E-mail, a PM on Facebook and a public post on their FB page. So that's 4 E-mails now.  :?

If they don't get back to me by tomorrow, I will cancel my order.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:35:05 AM by commissarmoody »

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Have you folks tried emailing Artemis directly at the personal email posted earlier in this thread?
Yep, to no avail. The emails were polite and presented all the details about the original order. Thanks anyway FramFramson for helping out.

I made my previous order to Hasslefree some 10 years ago. It went very smoothly and the miniature figures were found upon closer inspection to be stellar, almost equalling the ones made by Goodwin, Copplestone and Mize. Just wanted to write this to let people know I had in the past very positive view of the company.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:18:35 PM by Nordic1980s »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2018, 10:40:27 PM »
Same, of course the last time I ordered from them it was 2014. But every thing was nice and smooth. I am starting to think that they got over whiled with orders for their summer sale. And are just letting some of them slip in the hopes that folks will cancel.  :?
That is the only thing I can think of, especially considering they are still active on the sculpting webpage, posting things up. But dead to any order info requests or their main store page.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »
That doesn’t sound great :(
I bought a few times from Hasslefree over the years, and always got the impression from their emails that they were constantly under pressure they didn’t much enjoy and sometimes struggled to manage. But things at least seemed to work when they handled fulfillment themselves. The current tangle has been going on for months now. The bad experience and absence of comms for so many purchasers plus all the associated negative publicity must be damaging, however much people still love the miniatures. I hope they manage to sort it out and get back on an even keel. It’s an amazing back catalogue. As others have suggested, maybe it’s time they hooked up with a professional distributor.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2018, 01:18:06 AM »
maybe it’s time they hooked up with a professional distributor.
Imagine there miniatures on the Northstar website.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin